01 Path; Bose Issues

tkpath

What's the consensus on the Bose radio/CD player/changer combo ..

radio volume control shot (volume decreases when you turn knob to right ..)

CD player will not play nor accept CDs.

Is there somewhere you can whack this thing to make it all work correctly?

Or is this just a lost case and I should replace entire thing rather than send it away to have it 'fixed.'

What's the consensus on the Bose radio/CD player/changer combo ..

radio volume control shot (volume decreases when you turn knob to right ..)

CD player will not play nor accept CDs.

Or is this just a lost case and I should replace entire thing rather than send it away to have it 'fixed.'

You are not alone! Go here for some others with issues: Bose CD thread

The CD part seems to affect 01 and some 02 (like mine but not as bad). It is a lost cause, search the forum for alternatives to the Bose unit.

Got a BFH?? P...P...P...

Like Trainman said, I have heard a lot of bad news about these units.

The Bose system sucks in our cars, like all Nissans.

Replace the unit with an aftermarket head unit. If you want good sound quality you are going to have to replace all of the factory speakers. The fronts have their own individual amplifier, and the rears have a amp (I guess a crappy 2-channel).

Good luck with it all!

Thanks kids.

Hey, Trainman, that is one excellent forum referral. Not what I wanted to read BUT it was actually useful. Can't beat that.

I had a 90s Maxima that also ran into a Bose speaker/head unit problem. Yup, a pain to deal with.

Guess I'm stuck with sending the CD portion to Clarion and replacing the head unit so I can at least have volume control. Funny how you can jump into an old GM with a Delco and have the radio work all the time .. still. It even has knobs! That part GM did right.

Thanks kids.

P... Well, I am in your age group but thanks for the thought!

Hey, Trainman, that is one excellent forum referral. Not what I wanted to read BUT it was actually useful. Can't beat that.

I had a 90s Maxima that also ran into a Bose speaker/head unit problem. Yup, a pain to deal with.

Guess I'm stuck with sending the CD portion to Clarion and replacing the head unit so I can at least have volume control. Funny how you can jump into an old GM with a Delco and have the radio work all the time .. still. It even has knobs! That part GM did right.

Two Nissan dealers in BC have told me that Nissan (edit: Nissan Canada, not sure about the US :shrug: ) is replacing these for about $250 plus install as a "good will" gesture. Not sure how much good will that will get them but it is better than the $600+ regular price.

Edited by Trainman