C B Radio

Trialsin26

I’m looking for a CB radio. Any recommendations? I was looking at Cobra and would like to keep the price under $100.00. Also as you know there is very little room in the R50 to mount a C B. Any ideas on where to mount a CB? I still have my factory radio so that’s out of the question. Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have a cobra cb for 60 bucks and it works great it also has a pa (which was 15 bucks extra for the speaker) which is the best part :D

i have mine mounted on the side of the dash by my leg (like on the side of the stero kinda) i can take some pics if youd like

Edited by nick1716

I picked up a Uniden... i forget which exact model, for 70 bucks. It looks great, works great, and has some nice features to it too. I highly recommend giving it a look. Anyway, I have mine mounted actually in the dash, under the cd player. It wont work there if you still have the factory cd player, but with aftermarket, just take out the little storage place and stick it in there. It sticks out an inch or so, but it doesnt look funny or anything. One good thing about having it there, is you cant see any of the wires from the back. Looks very clean.

Oh, and I think there may be a picture of it in my cardomain page. Link in my profile.

Edited by Gorilla Man

I've also been looking to get a CB, I believe I am going to mount it under the dash in that pocket right infront of the shifter. I often forget that place is even down there... I think it should work out with it at a slight angle up so that the controls are accessible. I don't think I will be needing to change controls all that much so the reach shouldnt be a huge problem. Buddy of mine got a cheaper 40 channel CB and was able to trim it to fit into his drop down ash tray. I measured it and its just about the same size as the coin tray in the R50(located near the door on the dash) so that was the other option I was thinking about...

I mounted mine on the floor/tranny tunnel on the passenger side, with the controls facing up toward the stick shift and the sky. My Pathy is a 94 WD21, but I don't think its that much different, and I have a pimp Uniden (can't remember the model # off hand). I even made a bit of a mount out of a wedge cut from a 2x4 wrapped in leftover grey carpet from my sub box. Its close enough to be convenient to reach, I didn't have to hack up the dash or remove storage, and its out of my way (not the passenger's, though!).

i was gonna put mine where mr pickles is...but i wanted to keep it out of reach of my buddies cuz they would be messing with it all the time and prob get me in trouble with the cops or somethin..some of them are pretty immature... but i am to so its ok haha

Thanks for all the ideas. Rosspbig how did you run the wires and cord? I though about mounting mine there but I would like to keep it out of sight as much as possible. I have decided to go with the small Uniden modal. A trucker friend of mine said it was probably a little better then Cobra. I’m going to get the smallest one they have and try to mount it in the change compartment on the left side by the door if it will fit (but I really don’t want to cut anything). I would like to put it there because it would be out of sight and the passenger won’t be able to get there hands on it. If that doesn’t work I’ll probably go with Rosspbig’s or Nick’s mounting system. Once again thank you.

Edited by Trialsin26

I have the uniden 520

I have it installed in the dash, beside the lighter socket where there are 4 slots for switches... seeing as I dont have any switches there, we popped out the blank spots and it fits perfect there... looks stock even...

pezcb.jpg

Pezzy, Is it the place next to the lighter and below the CD changer? I was looking at it on my way home from work and it looks like that section comes out. That would be a great place to mount a CB.

Edited by Trialsin26

wow thats does look nice! good location pezzy! one question tho...what did you do with the rear wiper button??

The 99.5+ doesnt have the rear wiper switch there, that problem is only for us 96-98'ers...

Pezzy, that looks great, I hope I can find one to fit there even with that blasted rear wiper switch!

Nice!!!! but I think in my 2001 the space is a little larger, so I may have to fill it some how since I plan on getting the same CB as you.

I thought of putting mine in that same place. But although the space looks larger, it isn't deep enough. I was a little disappointed, because it looks like the perfect spot.