Jcg Color Coded Tags

fondo

Hey again all, Went to the j/y today, where they had a healthy stock of jgc's, and I found a '96 jgc that was a limited. Any way, it was a V8, but I couldn't find the tags that tell you the spring diameter on any one jeep. Well I told 'em to pull the springs and they quoted me only $20 for each and I don't even have to pull them!!! NICE!!! Can anyone tell me where the tags are located on these. Also does anyone know the diameter(s) of the coils the limited's might use or are they like the rest? THANKS

Well it looks like I got lucky... Some how I managed to get them to pull the (GN) .60 diameter coils (without knowing what kind they where before they pulled 'em). Can I use these and do I need to change anything in the rear so these will fit right? I have a spare tire carrier on the back, but with these coils I should be able to get a full 3 inches of lift, rights? Has anyone used this diameter of coil before, if so how was it as far as installing them and do the springs change the way the vehicle rides going down the road (soft or hard).

Thanks

use the search. Several of us have installed JGC springs and did writeups about it. I think I even included pictures. hmmm... let's see...

you will need to deal with the pigtails. I cut mine off. I think 88 heated his and bent them out. Personally, I don't like to heat springs. Kinda F's with their ability to spring but if you keep the heat on just the pigtail, you should be ok. One benefit of doing it that way is that you will probably be able to shape it to taper to the previous coil and have a nice seat in the boot where if you cut them, it won't seat great. I got a good amount of list using .56 coils so you should get 3" easy.

here's my pics :clickdalink:

a thread :clickdalink:

the writeup :clickdalink:

that should cover you.

I have had the .60 diameter springs in for 3 mos, and yes, you will notice they are signifcantly stiffer. I cut my pigtails and did a little grinding to help them seat. I doubt they will be sagging anytime soon.