I Fainally Caved

sarguy

So I've finally said farewell to my pathy. I really needed to move up to a full size and found an 04 Titan Kingcab LE with 9200 miles on it, the new truck was really nicely set up with a Cap on the back and the off road package. The only thing that kills me is that when I consider the $900 tires that I put on the Pathy a month ago I really only got $1300 for the pathy. Oh well It went to one of my employees so it will have a good home.

I finally caved too sarguy, I am the proud new owner of a truck payment...but I went to the dark side. I got a brand-spankin-new Toyota Tacoma TRD offroad with camper shell and roof-rack safari basket. I will pick up tomorrow. I got the tow package so I can finally tow my pathfinder home. I really wanted a 2004 with 35k that the dealer had, but they wanted far more than it was worth, so I ended up with a new one.

features galore though...they are equipped. 6spd, bilstein shocks, locking rear diff. suicide doors, 120v ac power in the bed. and even one of those goofy compass-thermometer things. It has a 4x4 switch that is almost identical to the vent control. Wierd. and it is lame that the off-road package comes with bfg rugged trails. Gimme offroad tires, not some watered down version. Oh well, I can't have it all.

I fear the same resale issues with the pathty, and I think it is worth more to me as a beater/beast/something I can take apart and not get back together again...time to search for transmission rebuild threads.

I love the new Taco, I would have gotten one but the extended cab was just too small for me and by the time I set up a crew cab the way I wanted it would have cost too much, I looked at used but those Toyotas are way overpriced on compared other trucks on the market.

My Titan came with those rugged trail's on it too, I'll probably put a set of REVO AT's on it when the BFG's start to wear enough that I can justify it to myself.

Anyone know af a safari style rack that can go on top of a fiberglass camper shell?

Edited by sarguy