Tune up

joeytattoo

I just did a full tune up on my pathy plugs , wires , fuel filter , cap , and button. Along with oil change and tranny flush. I had the tranny done then took her home and did the rest you would not believe the differance. I t even sounds different. :cool2:

I would like to know what plugs, & plug wires you used and where you got the wires. I went to Shucks and they wanted $100 for the build them yourself wires.

Oh and do the new wires come with the huge A$$ heat guard thing on the plug end?

And what button did you replace?

I would like to know what plugs, & plug wires you used and where you got the wires. I went to Shucks and they wanted $100 for the build them yourself wires.

Oh and do the new wires come with the huge A$$ heat guard thing on the plug end?

And what button did you replace?

we'll I wen't to Pepboy's and got 6 bosch plugs for $1.09 each.

A B.W.D. plug wire set for $44.99.

A purealator fuel filter for $19.79

A distributer cap and rotory button set (pepboys) brand ?for $24.99

And to answer your other question yea they have that big heat shield tube. ;)

Joey

I just put a new set of NGK V-Power plugs in and they run good, but anything is better than what I had. I don't think the plugs had ever been changed, and I have 139,000 miles now.

I am going to get the NGK wires too. This is the cheapest I have found them.

NGK Plug Wires

thats a great price it's just something I wish I knew two days ago. :D

How about just buying a set of Accel or similar buil-your-own for a V8, then slide the long boots off the old wires and onto the new ones. The local shops sell those wires for like $35, and you can pick your color. :aok: Did the Bosch Platinum 2's and they were ok, the cap and rotor set me back like $40 at Napa, and was way higher at the other stores.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got done with the whole tune up oil change thing, I didnt change my wires, the stock Pathfinder wires are pretty stout and the boots and distributor clips were all in great shape. I had bought a set of Accel 8mm triple silicon wires and put the ohm meter on them and compared it to my stock wires and the Pathfinders had less resistence then the accels so I took them back and stuck with my old ones. I did splurge on the Bosch+4 plugs at the tune of $5 each but well worth it if the hype is true.

I havnt noticed a dramatic change but I didnt have any complaints prior to the tune up, one thing, it was really hard to get the spark plugs out, I think they were the original NGK, the threads were gritty and looked rusted but the new ones went in with no problem.

I just swapped in 6 NGK V-powers, bosch cap/rotor/wires.. after I patched up the cracked 1/4 inch vacuum hoses and timed the beast she ran very smoothly.

Hey, what is up with spark plug heat?

My old plugs came out really white, which I gather indicates overheating or an overheat. I did overheat one time BAD pulling a trailor up the I-10 grade right before Palm Springs in 95 degrees.. man that was a close one. No fluid left! The Pathfinder V6 really is bulletproof. ..all caused by a cracked radiator cap seal... luckily I was able to coast down the grade and to a gas station.

Anyway, I saw the sevice manual had part numbers for hot, normal, and cold..

What do you guys recommend?

Hot plugs will cause pinging, right?