Best Oil for the Pathfinder

95Finder

I use 10w 40..but it rarely egts close to freezing here..so 40 weight seems to work good. I was wondering however..if you can run straight weight inna Pathy? Just a thought sssh

Oy, what a bunch of jackals !!! :beer:

Hey 95Finder. The best oil you can run in your Pathfinder is the one that is changed regularly. I have read many articles about synthetic blends, change intervals, etc; the only thing that has been consistant is change your oil, hotter climes, heavier weight; colder climes, lower weight. Change it regularly, and try to use what is appropriate in your clime.

HardwareToad, KY is for what you ever need it for, although I do not recommend the rear end... I keep a tube of (generic) water soluable personal lubricant in my portable tool box. Hoses, fittings, boots... It works for everything ! :blink:

Bernard

Guest Jeff in AZ

I have 473,000+ miles on my Pathfinder.

Summertime, I use Castrol Syntec Blend 20w-50.

amd winter I use Castrol Syntec Blend 10w-40.

I'm not saying that this is the best oil,

but I'm sure getting to think it's pretty good stuff.

I change oil every 4500 miles or so.

Jeff

I have 473,000+ miles on my Pathfinder.

Summertime, I use Castrol Syntec Blend 20w-50.

amd winter I use Castrol Syntec Blend 10w-40.

I'm not saying that this is the best oil,

but I'm sure getting to think it's pretty good stuff.

I change oil every 4500 miles or so.

Jeff

thats a lot of miles ...

Dusty...am I to take that as an "insult"? Did I ask such a truly stupid ? Or has that no regard to me what-so-ever? LOL Just wondering..... (as everyone knows...I am new to the Pathfinder (not new to Nissan) scene..and am learning as I go.... well...as I stated..I use 10w-40 and my Nissy runs great with it...I would like to run synthetic though..but wonder the consequences of this? :hide:

LOL Slick, I think DD was alluding the corn oil, baby oil, KY digression...

Funny DustyDevil when you say "somethings a girl has to say, are better left unsaid.......", I have learned that "somethings a girl has to say" are interesting, amusing, and even downright educational ! Feel free to share (educate) any time you like :P

Bernard

LOL Slick, I think DD was alluding the corn oil, baby oil, KY digression...

Funny DustyDevil when you say "somethings a girl has to say, are better left unsaid.......", I have learned that "somethings a girl has to say" are interesting, amusing, and even downright educational ! Feel free to share (educate) any time you like  :P

Bernard

Like when my GF says "you j@cka$$, WTF do you think you're doing?!" or "Don't get hurt and come in limping or cut." That's when you know its love, when she knows the stupid things you'll try to pull and talks you out of it. :rolleyes::laugh:

Funny you should say that about the "come in limping" thing..ROLMAO... My BF is rather "accident prone", so I made sure I took the first aid kit to Pismo with us..... and guess who ended up.. Day 1 - got burnt on headers of rail Day 2 - got "attacked" by a 19" wide rim bouncing out of the sand and hitting me in the shin. Also ended up sunburnt and sore. Day 3 - Burned hand.

I did a couple other things too..but those are the best right there.

I am usually with Dave when he works on anything, so I am usually there when injuries occur. It's kind of like a lottery...depending on job being done, as to level of injury, if any. We've been pretty good lately when working on cars/trucks.

I did however fry my ankle 2 weeks ago on the lid to the bar-b-q. Boy, did that one hurt, and I'm currently sporting a rather ugly, painful scab on my right ankle for a reminder.... "watch where you step when turnin ribs on bar-b-q's..ya never remember where ya set the lid down". (and don't drink and bar-b-q) :P