The Importance of Filling In Your Profile

Pezzy

• 2 months later...

Um.. how about someone add 2010 model year as a choice?

Thanks!

Someone SHOULD add that!! P...

Check again in a few mins... *gets out tool box*

• 7 years later...

I skipped this part the other night when I joined. Mike here, I was frantically looking for info, it's all better now. Just waiting for parts. I introduced the rig the other night under the nickname thread. Julian is his name, it actually is our sons. We live in the interior of AK, love the outdoors, 4 wheeling, family time and Jesus.

So, Julian is tan/champaign in color and in really good physical shape with all the bells and whistles still working. It just needed a bunch of vacuum lines and KS and EGR. We already put locking hubs on, but no 4x yet... not sure about that one. Front diff was pretty low in fluid. Once it's put in 4x you can hear the transfer case working but it's not connecting to the lockouts??? Any hints on that would be nice. I haven't searched that one up yet.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of forums and all the knowledge that is bestowed to the masses. Thanks and keep up the good work. Cheers!

If your hubs are locking, and the transfer is working, you should be getting 4x. I'd jack it up so the front wheels are off the ground (use jackstands!), put it in 4x, then start turning wheels and watching shafts. Could be a blown CV. Diffs and transfers in these don't go bad often, but I'd be checking the front diff carefully given the low oil. Probably best to make your own thread on this if the cause isn't evident once you've crawled underneath.

If your hubs are locking, and the transfer is working, you should be getting 4x. I'd jack it up so the front wheels are off the ground (use jackstands!), put it in 4x, then start turning wheels and watching shafts. Could be a blown CV. Diffs and transfers in these don't go bad often, but I'd be checking the front diff carefully given the low oil. Probably best to make your own thread on this if the cause isn't evident once you've crawled underneath.

Good morning, yup, Thanks. I do believe that's the next step after its back together. I will start a new thread if I need more input. Cheers. M

Filling in your profile info is good because people won't think you're a bot or something. This is really useful and this should be on every forum on the interwebs!