Accident... Is the Pathy done?

pbdm4k

In a nutshell, my brother was driving the pathy in the snow on Friday night and got cut off. He slammed on the brakes and the back slid out, sending him sideways into a lamp post.

Front driver side wheel was ripped off the rim and front alignment was like a "Y" after we put the spare tire on. The front suspension has also "bottomed" out, one side is slightly higher than the other.

Fender is mashed in and hood is bent up.

I'd take pics but the pathy is at a shop right now so I'd have to get pictures later.

What I'd like to be hopeful about though, is it possible for the torsion beams to just drop like that? And can it be cranked back up?

I'm trying to be optimistic that the front can be cranked back up and that an alignment can be done to the front wheel to at least make it decently driveable again...

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Oh, it's SL lifted on a Calmini 3" Kit.

I know that the passenger wheel was ripped off on my pathy when something failed with the previous owner, my shop just put a new axle shaft, brake setup/line and all that on and its fine now. It cost like 500 dollars canadian to have that fixed.

Anything is fixable.......

sounds like you have some steering and suspension damage. Possibly the lower control arm or the x-member where the t-bar anchors. If the frame is bent where the control arms attach, it will be costly to fix -but perfect time to SAS!. Post up some pictures with the front tire removed and we can give you a better idea of what you'll need to fix.