Lift?

yes.

3" suspension lift = 31" tires no rub

3" suspension lift = 32" tires will rub front fenders (need to trim them)

3" suspension lift + 3" body lift = 33" tire will rub front fenders (need to trim them)

I know the wheel backspacing has an effect on how much the new tires will rub. I think you want them between 4" and 3.5" of backspacing. The closer to 4 they are, the less they rub on the fenders, but the inside of the rear tire may rub on the frame when you stuff a tire.

I have a 3" sus lift with 31" tires and they do not rub anywhere, off road or on the road. I know if i put 32x11.5 tires on with my current setup that they'd rub the back of the front fender for sure.

Get a body lift if you want to put big tires on. If I could do it again, I would have put the body lift on first, then the suspension lift.

Edited by skrillaguerilla

welp..... king has 3" BL & 4" SL..... on 33's... and unfortunately, I rub the snot out of my bushwhacker flares when semi flexed and wheel turned (back of wheel facing "inside fender" will rub)...... and i have also managed to bend the fender itself. mods are needed for me. P... i have (i believe) 4" of BS. yes, my torsion bars are good. not sagging. :tongue:

mini came stock with 215x70x15's and damnit did she rub when i put the 31's on..... had to crank the t bars for her. :rolleyes:

i guess i just don't have much luck lol

Edited by Slick

I just want a mild setup, would 3" BL + 32" tires be decent for wheeling but still OK for a DD? thanks, and sorry for threadjacking

yes, that would be a suitable setup. :aok: