Do I win a prize?

MaritimeMan

Of course, you over torqued the sprigot flange which bound the cam ferrule causing the cam to snap... Sheesh !!! :D

It is wierd to hear that several others have had the same issue... Question is, is it a defective batch (or factory), statistical failure in a poor design or something to do with the iming belt change... :shrug:

B

Of course, you over torqued the sprigot flange which bound the cam ferrule causing the cam to snap... Sheesh !!!  :D
Ahh that was EXACTLY what happened :lol:
It is wierd to hear that several others have had the same issue... Question is, is it a defective batch (or factory), statistical failure in a poor design or something to do with the iming belt change...  :shrug:

B

It is possible that it was a result of any of those... one thing I wish Nissan would have done would have been to use an Automatic Timing Belt Tentioner.. would have made life so much easier

I wish Nissan would have done would have been to use an Automatic Timing Belt Tentioner

Sooo true !! Until it fails and you hop a tooth or 8... :o I suspect the idea was that it was to be properly dealt with within prescribed service intervals. :shrug:

One of the reasons I bought a 95 (105k interval) with 110k on it with a receipt for timing belt replacement 6 months prior... ;)