Need help, trouble codes 21 and 51

I tried to start the pathy today and it sounded almost like it was going to choke. Then check engine light came on, I so I ran diagnostics and got trouble code 21 and 51, so basically ignition signal and injector circuit. This is the first time this has happend and I moved the wire plugs around a bit at the distributor and checked the check engine light and it went away. So, now I'm pretty sure that I'm going to need a new wire set soon. Would this cause the check engine to come on. What else should I check that is related to these codes, as far as distributor, coil. The starter worked fine and turned the engine on quickly, alternator shouldn't be culprit since lights come on. What other suggestions do you guys have? :help:

21 could be coil i guess too.

51, you'll have to check the injectors but maybe someone on here has dealt with either of these before.

Cool, I'll check the connections for the coil. I have the msd installed, so I guess I'll check that first and determine if this is the culprit. May need to solder the connections for extra protection. as far as 51, I hope someone chimes in on this. I wonder if the problem is related since the ignition is important for fuel burining. :shrug: Would bad wire set cause the check engine to come on?

Ok, new updated. Checked the connection at the coil, and that retighten the wires that come from the msd. Check engine light went away. Suddenly when I placed it in reverse and started to accelerate, check engine came on. depressed accelerator and it went way. pressed it again.., yeah, you've guessed it, check engine came on. So, now I think it has to do with the TPS, but no error code for tps showed up in the ecu. All this started when I took my a/c to get fixed. I didn't know what the guy did until I saw that the intake hose was not even secured at the air filter box and the throttle body. I secured the hoses already. I'm pretty pissed about it. I think I should charge the a/c guy the TPS, if that's even the problem. :mellow::angry: :furious: This is how I felt throughout the ordeal!