which # for keyless entry

Guest bigd450

Guest bigd450

When I bought my 2000 qx4 it didnt come with any remotes and looking at getting one of ebay but am unsure which remote is the correct one. If somebody has one from the same year could tell me the # on the back that would be great. Or if you know if different years work that would be good too.

Choice 1

Choice 2

Not sure what yours came with since mine is a 1997 and is a completely different remote... but I would assume tose are your 2 options and i could be wrong (just a little disclaimer)

Oh and welcome to the forum! You should post up in the Introductions section and share some pics with us WAVEY

Edited by max_stryker

Guest bigd450
Choice 1 is the same as my 2001 pathfinder. Model 01A There is also a model A in this same remote so be sure before you buy. There was a change in August 2000 so I cant tell you which one you need.

Yes that's what I was wondering which would be the right one model A or 01A or if either would work.

Also what do you guys know about keys, as it also only came with one key. Can you get any key cut or do you need to order one from the dealer with the transponder in it. Also I think it might only be the security key as it won’t open the back door. The logo is gold with black surrounding it. In the manual, it just says black is the security and gold is the regular key so I am not sure which one I have.

Yes that's what I was wondering which would be the right one model A or 01A or if either would work.

Also what do you guys know about keys, as it also only came with one key. Can you get any key cut or do you need to order one from the dealer with the transponder in it. Also I think it might only be the security key as it won’t open the back door. The logo is gold with black surrounding it. In the manual, it just says black is the security and gold is the regular key so I am not sure which one I have.

You can get a key cut form anywhere but that will only open teh doors. Good to keep in your wallet just in case you lock the keys inside. Buy a key on ebay and have it cut then take it to the dealer to have it programmed if you need a spare key just in case. They will charge you a programming fee.

Choice 1

Choice 2

Not sure what yours came with since mine is a 1997 and is a completely different remote... but I would assume tose are your 2 options and i could be wrong (just a little disclaimer)

Oh and welcome to the forum! You should post up in the Introductions section and share some pics with us WAVEY

There is also another model similar to the model 01a, which has a FCC ID as KBRASTU10.

The other one has the FCC ID as KBRASTU09. Take note of that.