Howdy

Hello All.

I'm on active duty in the U.S. Coast Guard and I am currently stationed in the Finger Lakes region of New York.

I bought my 02 SE 4x4 used back in December. Since then I have replaced both front stabilizer bar end links, installed a Draw Tite hitch and replaced those horrible Bridgestones with Yokohama Geolander A/T +II's.

I may be new to Pathfinders but I am no stranger to Nissan's. Currently sharing the driveway with the Pathy is my wifes 05 Sentra 1.8S (SE) and the garage belongs to my 1972 Datsun 240z. Previously owned Nissan's include a 1972 1/2 Datsun 620 pick-up, 03 Frontier KC XE 4x4 Off Road 5spd and a 1986 Sentra 2dr (It's okay even I still laugh about it).

Current Gripes...

-rear end sags with ANY weight in hatch.

-brake light fuse pops with trailer connected. (Draw-Tite harness sucks?)

-SES light came on with O2 sensor code and has since cleared.

-resonator under driver's side has a leak (putty seals it for a month or two).

-Needs bigger tires (31x10.5's?).

-plastic bumpers

Future Plans for the Pathy are...

-Heavy Duty / Lift Springs (OME?)

-Struts/Shocks

-cat-back / custom exhaust

-Nissan trailer wiring harness

-Safari bar front and Bumper Guard for rear

I will be searching the board for these topics as I am sure most if not all have been posted before. And if anybody else is in the FLX region let me know, I love beer almost as much as my Z.

Nate :beer:

post-19-1152333098.jpg

Current Gripes...

-brake light fuse pops with trailer connected. (Draw-Tite harness sucks?)

got a good ground? i had a jeep in last week.. same problem.. some asshat had tied the ground wire into one of the actual wires in his harness :blink: i took it off and actually GROUND it to the body of the jeep.. no more worries. (or blown fuses) :takebow:

btw.. hello and welcome! WAVEY

Edited by Slick

Hey Slick.

Yup, Ground is good. I'm an Electronics Tech for the CG and I am quite cofident of this. Now, it could have also been the trailer I was towing, a crappy well used U haul. When the brake light fuse pops you also lose the ability to shift from park (w/o using the unlock port) this is how I found out the fuse was blown. In order to get back home I did the ultimate no-no and stepped up one size fuse and this worked with out any damage (luckily). Still the 10 (or 15amp?) fuse is being forced to run the trucks brake lights including the 3rd brake lights and the trailers... sounds a bit underrated to me.

Thanks

-Nate

Hey Slick.

Yup, Ground is good.  I'm an Electronics Tech for the CG and I am quite cofident of this.  Now, it could have also been the trailer I was towing, a crappy well used U haul.  When the brake light fuse pops you also lose the ability to shift from park (w/o using the unlock port) this is how I found out the fuse was blown.  In order to get back home I did the ultimate no-no and stepped up one size fuse and this worked with out any damage (luckily).  Still the 10 (or 15amp?) fuse is being forced to run the trucks brake lights including the 3rd brake lights and the trailers... sounds a bit underrated to me.

Thanks

-Nate

sssh hmm.. i work for u-haul and the jeep guy had the same problem, but it was HIS own personal trailer that was popping the fuse after another u-haul installed his harnes..

If you ever rent another u-haul trailer, make sure there's a functional ground on our wiring and if it's seperate wires going to your plug... only the black and white wires should be used. not the green. ;)

Edited by Slick

• 2 weeks later...