waterpump replacment

Guest Brent in RC

Guest Brent in RC

I was getting ready to leave on my 1000 mile journey back home after vaction and noticed coolant leaking from my water pump. Can someone walk me through changing the pump? I'm really pressed for time and don't have enough money to take it somewhere to have them do it.

Guest Brent in RC

Sorry, it is a 1995. I pulled the fan shroud and the fan off and can see that the timing belt is right there and has probably been soaked with coolant. I don't have the skills to replace the timing belt as well. I just got an estimate from a shop and for $720 they will replace the timing belt, all the other belts (they need it by the looks of them) and the water pump. Does that sound like a fair price?

Guest Brent in RC

I'm going to take it to the guy I've been speaking with, he seems pretty fair and my friend has used him before. I guess my vacation has been exteneded! Too bad it is such an expensive vacation. Thanks for the help guys.

make sure he does infact change the tbelt...if not it WILL break in like 5-10k...i did a water pump without doing the t belt...bad bad decision wish i woulda went and sold something to buy the $40 belt b/c it ended up costing me about $300 to do the top end rebuild

I live in C springs, and while I'm not sure if they'll do it or not, try getting a price quote from Catfish engineering

used to be they only did exhausts, but I've heard they do total engine now. small family shop, usually pretty good prices in my ecperience.