Need tranny help!

Sorry to report that the same problem is back, even with the module swap. I trieds to run th diagnostic codes and I don't get any judgement flickers. It's really pissing me off cause I am following the direction just like the pdf file that's pinned in the garage section and nothing.

• 1 month later...

I tried the FSM method quite a while ago and it didn't work with mine either.

The wire from the vehicle speed sensor broke at the AT end. When I turned on the ignition, the AT check light flashed one long pulse followed by 16 short pulses.

When the speed sensor wire was repaired, I only get the one long pulse - indicating everything is OK.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the 16 short pulses mean the fault is the speed sensor. At the time, I found some different nissan error codes on the internet (can't find them now) and they matched what I was seeing. I even tried disconnecting the AT oil temp sensor, to make sure it flashed the appropriate number of times for that, and it did.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

just wanna add my 2 cents since this was brought back up. I had the hard shifting problem/shifting at a high RPM's and crap just before my alternator crapped out on me.. I didnt have the codes flashing though. But replace the alty, and things have been fine.

I just swapped a maxima alty and I haven't seen the flashes since then. before swapping it though, I poured in a bottle of lucas tranny additive, had the same hard shifting for a bit, but I eventually just ignored it since I was looking for the alternator. after the install I did notice it stopped, I didn't know if it was the additive or not. I haven't seen the tourque converter lock up anymore though since the problem started. When I release the gas at about 50, the revs just drop to about 2500 and no lock up.

Ok got new info for all of you. I guess I would not needed to take it to the stealership to get it checked out anymore. When I finished doing the alty swap all the problems went away, just like Knoxville. Everything works great, overdrive torque converter locking up properly, and hard jerky shifting is gone. I don't know how modified knoxville's pathy is, as far as electronics is concerened, but if you take a look at my sig you can see what I have, beside a basic audio system set up. The dual fans are pulling 50 amps at start up and the stock alty is only rated at 70. Anyone care to have some sort of diagnosis to why this happend. What i was thinking is that there was not enough juice going to some sort of electronic component to the tranny and it was causing this problem.