Windsheild washer pump

John Boy

not really... because the pump motor is actually UNDER the bottle.... it's just there's not much space to work in and you have to take stuff off/move stuff around to get where you need to be for the microscopic piece that it is.... and just the motor alone is $20 here.... P...

not really... because the pump motor is actually UNDER the bottle.... it's just there's not much space to work in and you have to take stuff off/move stuff around to get where you need to be for the microscopic piece that it is.... and just the motor alone is $20 here.... P...

Thanks Slick! No wonder I wasn't seeing it at first, so is the motor and pump one piece or two seperate pieces?

Folks,

Not sure what the problem is but took mine out of my 91 in less than five minutes. Of course I pulled the whole reservoir out which seems to be easier. Three screws, disconnect the electrical connectors off both pumps and finally disconnect the hoses out of the pumps and the whole assembly pulls out.

Much easier than trying to just replace the motor from reservoir.

Hope this was helpful.

Rennwerkes

Folks,

Not sure what the problem is but took mine out of my 91 in less than five minutes. Of course I pulled the whole reservoir out which seems to be easier. Three screws, disconnect the electrical connectors off both pumps and finally disconnect the hoses out of the pumps and the whole assembly pulls out.

Much easier than trying to just replace the motor from reservoir.

Hope this was helpful.

i believe that is def the way to do it...

i was going to suggest if u have the rear washer i dont know about yall but i never use the rear so just swap the wires and hoses and u should be good

• 4 years later...

I just replaced my washer motor with one from a 97 frontier. Only cost $15 at the salvage yard and it uses the same harness so it is a direct fit. The pump is made completely of plastic so I dont have to worry about the pump corroding again.