Strange Occurances

navygz19

The other day I noticed while driving that the Pathy's SES light became illuminated. So instantly I thought that it was either one of the crummy o2 sensor's or my K&N drop-in that had gunked up the MAF, as a few days earlier I jad driven it on a 500 mile trip. Today I was going to take it have the codes pulled and drop it off at Carmax (extended warranty) so I decided to plug my Radar Detector back in (I had it turned off b/c the passenger in the front kept knocking the plug loose w/ his knee) Turned the actual unit on, didn't turned on but I realized the PLUG ITSELF wasn't in all the way. Plugged it in all the way, the car sort of hesitated for a split second as the detector turned on and POOF the SES light turned off.

Did not having it in all the way cause the ECU to go nuts? While it was on and idling while the light was on, it smelt terrible...total gas. It was running waaay rich. Now, everything's fine again. The actual contacts I guess weren't touching enough to turn on the unit, but touching too much for there not to be a connection. Needless to say, I turned around and didn't take it in. :D

Thought?

i'd still run the codes because something is tripping that light.

Is it possible for there to still be codes being thrown w/o tripping the light? It's very weird to me that the instant the radar turned on, the light ceased. :confused: