Difference Questions

Indigent

As I have said, I am in Japan. I have a 91 diesel. I was just wondering what all options your guys's pathys came with.

Do any of you have headlight misters? or the clinometer on the dash? or the adjustable shocks? (mine has a switch to go between "sport" and "touring")

Mine also came with high-beam/low-beam fog lights too.

I find all of these very useful, but have never owned a pathy.

Just curious.

no headlight misters.....

no clinometer....

yes adjustable shocks (some did come with that option)....

no high/low beam fogs......

so sorry about the things we dont have...but i love my pathy just the same....

(oh and im sure you know that we dont have diesels...)

Well, I am sure that the mister system would not be very hard to install...

If anyone wants the system, there are sosooooooo many of these wd21's in junkyards over here. There are tons of places to get parts over here. The majority of them are diesels, but I would imagine that the misters and the clinometers aren't hard to take out and install in a pathy. Also, almost everyone of these here in the junkyards have front bumpers like mine, and most also have the foglights like mine.

If anyone is interested, I could get the parts. Keep in mind that the shipping would be pretty expensive.

The headlight misters have been on every diesel model i have seen. They are invaluable to me.

I think the clinometers are just a box on the dash with power wires for the lights. (they are backlit when the headlights or running lights are on)

I am going to take mine apart and see if it is feasible.

Let me know of anyone is interested.

here are some shots of the misters and the clinometer

inside1.jpg

inside2.jpg

mister1.jpg

Edited by Indigent

why are the misters so important to you? i see that they clean off your headlights, but if mine get to dirty when im playing in the mud at night, i just get out, and wipe them off....

i would however like to see some of the trail shots of your Terrano over there, i dont kno the scenery must be pretty cool....

why are the misters so important to you? i see that they clean off your headlights, but if mine get to dirty when im playing in the mud at night, i just get out, and wipe them off....

i would however like to see some of the trail shots of your Terrano over there, i dont kno the scenery must be pretty cool....

They are important because the sun sets pretty early over here. I am pretty far north (aomori prefecture). And there are VERY few street lights here. If you don't have clean headlights at dusk, you are going to lose your way quickly, or smack a tree.

Most importantly, you DO NOT want to end up in a rice paddy. You will end up paying out your butthole and then some to the farmer of the field you "ruined". And over here, rice paddies are EVERYWHERE. You can be going on a good trail, and then wham! rice.

And sometimes i just dont feel like getting out to clean them :D .