Greasing up the auto locking hubs

ChromoTech

I cant really rember i have done this once before on a buddy of mines Pathfinder, still have yet to do it to mine. First off take off your wheels, then the brakes. then there is like 8 allen bolts covering the hub assembly. take that apart and grease em up. As I said I cant really remebrr as I did it while putting a new axle in the Pathfinder probably 8 months ago, I have a bad memory. But at the least bit its no big deal very easy to d yourself not worth having a place do it for you and charge you alot.

Nonono man, you don't have to take the wheels and brakes off. Take off the centercaps, unscrew the six allen head bolts holding on the hub, then pull the hub off. The allen head bolts will be REAL tight on there, I think they Loc-Tite the bolts at the factory. Take care not to lose or misplace any parts that go inside, cause if it gets put back together wrong it won't work. I'd suggest taking the hub whole and laying the parts out on a clean shop towel or cardboard box or something and putting all the parts in a row in the order they were taken out. Then just clean as much of the old grease off the internal parts as you can, regrease with new bearing grease and reassemble. Smush some new grease into the cavity and around the axle stub before you put the hub back on.