Will this work?

subwaydiet

As most may know my pathy is for sale, its a 88 SE V6 4X4( motor is siezed). My friend has just crunched his 92( i think, i know its early 90's) in the front and was thinking if he could buy mine and then swap his V6 and brand new trans into mine.

Obvious problems:

His is a VG30E and i had a VG30i- i know the ECU would have to swap anything else????

His is 2WD and mine is 4WD- He didnt want to use my trans b/c he just had a BRAND NEW! one put in his....

Would anyone here recomend this??? (I'm less than enthusiastic)

One final thought..... if he put a 2wd trans in my truck then what about the 4wd drive shifter and normal shifter in the car??? Wouldnt there just be a hole

??? (If all of this is possible)

The intake (throttle body and intake manifold would have to be swapped over) along with the oil pan and pick up tube

You might be able to swap the tail section and of the tranny's but I a not sure on that.

If you installed (direct swap no mods) a 2WD tranny in place of the 4WD then the transfer case would no longer be there and yes the shifter would also be gone. You would also have to swap the rear drivelines and install the carrier because "I think" the 2WD pathys have a two section rear driveshaft

There are a couple 2WD Pathy owners here, they can confirm that.

There would probably also be a couple other smaller things that would also have to be swapped but nothing major that I can think of right now.