I got my snorkel.

Gday guys and Pezz.

My Snorkel arrived today and will be fitting it this weekend. I will post pics of the job being done. I went for a Safari Snorkel Part Number ss725 (which is of a Navara or Frontier as you guys call them.)

The way I am going to tackle this job is instead of trying to connect the snorkel to the original intake on the bottom of the airbox, I will cut a hole through the inner guard straight into the airbox & plug the original hole.

Stay tuned for more pictures.

Edited by OzMattie

Hi guys.

So far 6 hours and still havent finished fitting it :furious: . I think the airtec may have been a slightly better option but I'll stick with the Safari.

the template has to be placed on an angle so the bottom back hole is 15mm higher than normal, this gave us just enough angle to fit it without any gaps.

I am going to keep the lower air box in place and conect the ducting straight into it. Of course I will be checking the box for any leaks by filling it with water, and resealing if necessary.

I will post pictures when the job is done (Tomorrow to dark and cold out).

Been taking pics the whole way through.

The reason it has taken so long is that we have had to change our approach on which way we plumb it in and running around trying to find the right duct.

I will all pics when I finish and show and explain the traps that I have come across.

Edited by OzMattie