Ideas for frame?

Pathfinder-jay

Hey guys, I was looking around and a buddy of mine was talking about filling in a frame. You know how we have holes in the frame...well apparently theres a prdoduct you inject in there and it fills in the frame.... eliminating water build up, rust etc...

Does anyone know what this might be?

Thanks

Jay

ive personally never heard of filling a frame with anything, doesnt sound like a good idea to me. if your worried about it ever rotting.. just get it oiled sprayed once a year before winter. And wash it out good after wheeling trips. if you dont want any mud in there, put some zee-bart plugs in the holes, maybe even drill some holes in the bottom of the frame to help flush crap outta it. IF anyone else has some ideas.. please share because my frame is getting fixed soon too :P

Doesn't sound like the best idea to me either. Whether there is a special product, or they just used expanding foam, who knows. But you'll end up trapping moisture and whatever rust is in there, and if anything you might speed up the process.

I could see this being beneficial on a new frame, but on something that has probably already started rusting from the inside, it would be a bad idea. Just get it sprayed with oil every so often and that'll slow down the existing rust and all but stop new rust from forming.