Aftermarket wood trim?

I remember seeing a few Infiniti QX4s on cardomain that had aftermarket wood trim kits that covered more than the stock woodgrain. Anybody know where to get good ones (for 1998 QX4)? How was the installation process and has it held up well? Thanks.

and has it held up well?  Thanks.

IMHO those Ebay-esque kits aren't worth the hair off my back. Some 3M overly sticky glue on the back of wood colored shiny plastic that, given enough heat from the sun, will begin to slide out of place because the glue melts. I'd stay away from those...my friend got one for his Didge Dakota (don't even ask! :( ) and that's precisely what happened. Why would you want to doubly cover the faux wood in a Q with more faux wood?

Sorry, don't mean to come off rudely in this (that wasn't my intention at all :P ) but I never understood the purpose of those (bling maybe?) But if that's your cup of tea, go for it. Can't imagine installation is that tough...just don't apply anything before you first measure ALL the pieces. :clap:

good luck! :beer::beer:

G

Edited by navygz19

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/619404/2

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/175402/3

That's what I'm afraid of- if it is just adhesive backing will it start to come off or look badly. To be honest, I think the 'wood' from the factory looks lonely- there are so many plain plastic parts that should match it that I always thought something was missing to pull the dash together. I don't really want blingy- no "dubs" or carbon fiber or that junk.

To be honest, I think the 'wood' from the factory looks lonely- there are so many plain plastic parts that should match it that I always thought something was missing to pull the dash together. .

Geez! Wood trim on a Pathy???? :X :X :lol:

J/K man, good thing you don't have a non-Q Pathy SE...now THAT'S a lonely, plasticy pain in the arse to get dust out of dash... :D

Nah, navygz19... That does look weird... Spinners on a Pathy, WTH.

Yuck. Cardomain is full of those...seems like there's more R50's on there that are blinged out than off-road bred. Sad......