Cracked exhaust Manifold

G'day guys and Pezz :P ,

I discovered that i had an exhaust leak over the weekend. I thought that it must of been a gasket.

I removed the heat sheild today to see if it was a manifold or flange gasket. Much to my surprise i have cracked the Manifold on the Drivers side (your passenger side) between the 1st and second port.

I have been quoted $750 for extractors(headers) or $360 for a replacement maifold from Nissan.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a manifold crack.

Edited by OzMattie

Online aftermarket price (here in the states) is $45-$65 USD. Maybe IF you can find one aftermarket down there you might be able to save some money.

Extractions? Are you/they sure that any need to be done?

I pulled the prices from RockAuto.com

THIS "should" be a direct link to the page detailing the manifold options, if it does not work then you can use the java or traditional server-page browsing method to get there.

They list two options for the right hand side (ATP Part # 101139 & DORMAN Part # 674432) and one for the left hand side (DORMAN Part # 674431).

Not sure if anything is different on your rig.. is it a gasoline burner? It is possible that Nissan made them different than on our North American models, given that ours are left hand drive :shrug:

Edited by RedPath88

I had my RH manifold replaced, along with timing belt and drive belts, and an oil

change, all for $390. I ordered the manifold and timing belt from rockauto.com.

Shop around - their shipping is fast but pricey, sometimes other places offer free

shipping on $50 or more items.