Dueler A/T Revo -vs- BFG All Terrain TA KO

01Pathy3.5LE

I'm looking at getting some new rubber. Going with 265/70/16, no lift mods. My question is this. I don't do a lot of off road stuff. I go mountain biking and ocassionally that will take me to some interesting locations, piece of cake stuff for most of you out there. I will use it around the farm and take it camping. Nothing extreme. Which of the two would you use and why? Any highway advantages to one over the other? Also, is there something along the same lines that I should also look into? Looking for some advise from the wise. :help: :gossip:

Edited by 01Pathy3.5LE

I have the BFG's and they seem fine in all respects other than REAL mud... Go to the product review section and read up on the lengthy tire discussion there. It may answer your questions. :beer:

B

I have the Revo AT's and we had the BFG AT's on the Xterra, both are really good tires... I cant really speak too much for the BFG's myself, hubby ended up upgrading for a ste of Xterrains (more like MT's). I definitely give the Revo's a thumbs up (infact I end up having to rescue the hubby with his mudders with my AT wearing pathy!)

01 pathy -

i have researched this a bit in recent months as well for my 01 se. i have been told that 265/70 will rub the strut tower with a stock suspension, so you should be careful.

as for tires, i am thinking of going with the yoko geolander a/t. similar tread pattern as the revo.

Edited by tecciball

I've read on here that the 265/70/16 would fit. That is a big concern for me as well. I don't want to get in there and roto-zip out any plastic in the wells, or have it hit the strut. Anyone know for sure it that size would rub? If so, I guess 255 will be the next best option. Anyone know if the KO's or the Revo's hold and throw rocks? I know with an open tread tire it can be an issue, but is one better that the other?

B) I have bfg's and agree they have never let me down in any weather condition or off-road. I think the bfg's give a little more road hum than the revo's. but personally i like it. I am a weekend warrior off roader (wish i had time and money to do more) but my tires have impressed me alot. I am a bfg fan all the way. all around good tire. meaty looking too on the pathy.

I have a 31x10.5x15 BFG A/T on my 97 pathy. It has a tiny bit of rub against the underside of the spring perch when my wheels are at full lock. Otherwise so far I love em. The look great, drive great in all conditions. I've only had them 2 weeks so I can't speak for tread life, but I have always been happy with BFG even on my track cars. IMO so far it is a great all around tire. I think you'll be in good shape with a 265 actually.