Dumbest Q ever asked...

Guest Sniper

Guest Sniper

Just bought a used '01 LE 3.5L and there is no owners manual.

I'm guessing 5W-30 or 10W-30...But I'd hate to guess wrong. I tried the search with negative results. Thanks!

If it is that time critical of a decision for you, then your best bet is to call the DEALER, and ask. If I had to give you a guess, then I would say, 05-w30, because it's what most new engine vehicles run. It also depends on how many miles you have, although it might say 05-30, alot of folks go to a heavier weight, at higher mileage.

Also, chech your oil cap, most times it will say right on top.

Guest Sniper

okay, I'll give the stealership a call, I just thought someone on here must know. I checked everywhere under the hood and there is no indication , nothing on the fill cap and no underhood sticker that contains oil info. Thanks anyway.

I just thought someone on here must know.

pssd

Unfortunately, there are only seven OFFICIAL members that have Pathy's in the 2000+ year models, in NPORA. And probably not many are logged on and browsing around. It's one of those things, where you will probably get an answer for your question, but you'll have to wait a litle longer.

80's and 90's rigs pretty much make up most of our members, next time if you want a faster answer, then post your question in the 96+ forum, the probability that someone with your year rig that has the knowledge to answer your question, is much higher there.

As far as I am concerned I try to answer questions as fast as possible, If I feel another moderator, or someone else who is always around could get the answer out faster, then i'll wait before I start to google around. All in time; if anyone needed any aswer that was criticly time sensative, then I would advise them to call the dealer, not trying to pass the buck, just trying to help you out................ :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

5W-30 is the standard for your rig, however oil viscosity depends on driving conditions and climate. The oil listing for your vehicel is based on average driving. Check with the dealer to see what they recommend based on the above factors. As well use the same oil consistently through the life of your vehicle. In Iowa with the lovely mild winters I run 5w-30 to make sure I can get oil up in the heads as fast as possible at start up and 10w-30 in the summers to handle the heat break down.