Puzzling Air Filter Problem

Guest 4x4munster

Guest 4x4munster

Sup yall,

I replaced my dirty clogged air filter with a new Fram Air filter and the car ran sluggish. I put the old, dirty air filter back in and it runs like a champ. :shrug: Just doesn't make sence..please help! BTW, I think my old filter is a K&N because it's black in color like the K&N's.

Thanks,

DJ

Maybe you just ogt a bad filter. Never heard of such a thing but who knows... I guess it is possible for the filter paper to have not been manufactured correctly and not be allowing proper air flow :shrug:

You never know about that new stuff. One time my pathy died on the free way bc of a bad alternator and a drained battery. Charged the battery and bought a new alternator from Checker.Then it died again on the free way, this time the battery was dead.Replaced the battery and then it died in the middle of an intersection. Turns out the "new" alternator had ZERO output. Wasnt too happy about that. (Checker replaced it for free fortunately, but they didnt pay for the $90 battery i got) Good times

I read your story im subways bro I work at autozone. I have heard of that thing happenning only once before. We just went in and replaced it and it worked fine. If you don't live where it is too dust like AZ get a KN. If you do live where its real bad you will have to clean it all the time its a pain. Just replace it and cheack the vac lines you have some dirrectly behind the aircleaner assbembly.

good luck man not a big problem.

Edited by subwaydiet