Noob with doubts...

rmd0311

Here's the simple solution: Sell the new pathy and get an old one AND a fuel sipper.

In our case, '87 Pathy ($500 to buy and $1500 to put into top notch condition) and '95 BMW 318is ($8000 to buy 6 years ago).

Both run great and are reliable as rocks!

I cruise highway at 55 at 2200rpm, not to bad.

WHAT?? you would get pulled over and sobriety tested, or rear ended if you drove 55 on the highway in Cali!!!

Average highway speed gets up to 90 mph in parts of LA!

I'm a big guy too. 6'3" 270lbs. Maybe I should lose some weight.

Lose weight? QUITERS NEVER WIN!!! Hahah jk.

Dont worry rmd0311. I'm 6'7" 350 so no matter what you still have a few pounds before you should be worried. Wanna start a football team?

Rami

Hang in there...the Pathys are a way of life. I've only had mine for 3 months (and sold an '02 Sentra for it!!) so I too know the feeling of fuel shock. But it comes with the ride I guess. I paid $2.95 yesterday for regular and spent my first $50.00 filling her. I also had a long talk with the wife about what to do when it spike to over $4.00 a gallon :hide: (which I am waiting for) But I still wouldn't get rid of her. I only drive her to work now (9 miles) and of course, camping/4-wheeling in Williamsburg this weekend :P And EVERYWHERE else we go, we drive the Hyundai (her car) I hate driving the thing...it's tiny (a 2-door Accent) and has NO power (107 BLAZING h.p. at a blood-curdling 6k RPM) but on the Highway DOES reach 34 mpg.

So, I say change your lifestyle around keeping your Pathy, not change your car to suit your lifestyle :P

Just my .02.

Dont worry rmd0311. I'm 6'7" 350 so no matter what you still have a few pounds before you should be worried. Wanna start a football team?

Rami

Im in for the Football team.....6' 1" 260 here! :D

As fas as gas goes.....preach to the choir...my man...I drive 90 miles a day to and from work and i only get 13-14MPG on my best driving day. I don't think the 32" tires, 3 inch lift, roof rack, and elevation changes of 1,000 three times on my way to and from work helps either....I'm hoping the Pathy will be put away and only used as a Home Depot/Trail rig and Ill get a little commuter car like the WRX STI!

Just kidding on the STI

BTW....I paid $2.99 at Arco for the 87 octane last night. Arco is the cheapest around here...For a large chain that is

Seems like we would have a pretty good team... The NPORA Football Team.

This current tank seems like its only gonna get me something along the lines of 14.5mpg. All suburban. I'm telling you... If i could fit into a Corolla or Sentra comfortably I would buy one.

I don't know what I'm getting mpg wise, but I know how ya feel.

Every other day I drive to school, which is a 170km round trip JUST to school! That's a straight shot, and then I do some driving around town, because I don't get to much, y'know... going to autoparts shops and dreaming and such....

Oh, and I'm not getting paid at school so its even worse! :(

Rami

5' 11.5" 230?

Can I join the team?