1997 3.3L Engine for my 1995 Pathy

BOKER420

My tranny doesn't go into reverse and I'm planning on buying a rebuilt but I found a 1997 3.3L engine and transmission with many extras for almost the price of just the rebuilt tranny.

Does anyone know if a 1997 3.3L engine and tranny will fit into my 1995 3.0 pathy? If it will what stuff will need to be changed and where can I look up the info for details.

thanks,

Bill

My tranny doesn't go into reverse and I'm planning on buying a rebuilt but I found a 1997 3.3L engine and transmission with many extras for almost the price of just the rebuilt tranny.

Does anyone know if a 1997 3.3L engine and tranny will fit into my 1995 3.0 pathy? If it will what stuff will need to be changed and where can I look up the info for details.

thanks,

Bill

Theres a good post on nissan4wheelers Basicly you ahve to re-use your crank and timing chain and all accessory brackets but that's about it. Let me find the link

Well heres the thing. I can either just get a rebuilt tranny for 1100 shipped and pay 400 to get it installed. Or buy this 97 3.3L complete engine +tranny+headers+ full exhaust system all with around 23,000 miles on them for 1200 plus freight so total around 1,600.

I wasn't going to mess with putting in the tranny but if I can drop in the tranny and engine at the same time it would make it a lot easier. I just don't know if I have the knowledge with my Dad's help to pull this off.

Any suggestions?

Just as I was about to point you in the direction of Jared...the link has already been posted.

It's been done in a HB, so I see no reason why it cant be easily done in a Pathfinder.

As was already said, you'll need to switch over the engine electricals and fuel stuff as well. It really shouldn't be that hard of a swap, in theory....

Good luck, and keep us posted!!

I wasn't sure if this engine was 4x4 but i asked the guy and he thinks it is, but i have to call him later to make sure.

One more question. Will the 1997 tranny bolt up to my 1995 transfer case?

I'm still hesitating on doing this but it would be awesome once it was done. Has anyone ever put in a 4.3L chevy V6 before? That would be some major power.

I don't think it matters if the vehicle was 4x4 or not, to use it you'd have to replace all the external accessories and brackets anyway.

Dunno on the tranny bolt-up, but I would think it'd be the same.

4.3's are way overrated. Blazer guys complain about them all the time. Do a 350 instead, mwuahahah.

4.3's are way overrated. Blazer guys complain about them all the time. Do a 350 instead, mwuahahah.

I would second that 88. I'm doing this swap, but on a 95-96 tacoma. It'll be my recreational vehicle! Since the aftermarket support for GM is very extensive, I'm planning on hopefully producing at least 400 h/p with out NO2.