Thermoatat=PITA

jsut started changing my t-stat and heres a ponter for everyone: TAKE IT TO THE DEALER!!! its a PITA unless you like spending 3 hours under hood undoing things that arent meant to be undone...........

on a lighter note my MPG's should go up

I agree, it is a time consuming pain. Being an amatuer masochistic contortionist would help.

But take it to the dealer? Are you serious? Think about it.... If you hated it, how much do you think those gorillas will like it? Think they'll take pride in doing that job well? Or just slap it and forget it?

3hrs for a 30min job? :shrug:

Simple as pulling the AC idler bracket off. pop off PS belt, loosen the 1 bolt holding the hard pipe behind the PS belt, undo clamp on short hose, 3 bolts on T-stat housing. Reverse operation and done. Just use a swivle socket on the housing bolts and they are easy.

I feel your pain. Try changing the small bypass hose without removing the TStat. That was hard. You have to have small hands and patience to try to slip that angled hose in and at the same time use narrow visegrips to keep the cinch clamps open to slide the hose on. Not fun. I just did this on the weekend...

My fingers still hurt....It took me 15 minutes to type this reply with a pencil in my mouth...... :dance:

Chunk

I feel your pain. Try changing the small bypass hose without removing the TStat. That was hard. You have to have small hands and patience to try to slip that angled hose in and at the same time use narrow visegrips to keep the cinch clamps open to slide the hose on. Not fun. I just did this on the weekend...

My fingers still hurt....It took me 15 minutes to type this reply with a pencil in my mouth...... :dance:

Chunk

been there.. did that 6 weeks ago... then 2 weeks later ended up pulling the motor.. all that blood for nothing :angry: