Custom winch bumper in progress

delavoie

Thanks for the feedback guys.

My name is Reg, I'm the one who built it for Denis. I'm really happy he asked me to try this project. I do lots of fabwork and other stuff for other types, but this was my first nissan.

I really appreciate the feedback as It's nice to get other Ideas from people who run these trucks.

If you have any questions shoot them over and I'll answer as best as possible.

For Tow Hooks, I'm looking to find some from a Ford. the straight Hoops should work well, for tow points as well as a mounting point for a highlift. they will protrude through the front of the bumper.

what I could tell from doing some reading is the installation issues, and I also found by installing a large bumper on there, it would make it hard to work on. I know I'd hate to have to remove it every time I needed to do something under there.

So when I made this bumper, that was one of my primary focus. it also helps for cleaning after a nice Mud run. you all know how that stuff sticks in every nook and cranny and never comes back out, well shouldn't be the case for this bumper.

I can't post pics from work, but I'm sure either Denis or myself will post tonight. Can you upload pics on this forum? not linking them to a hosting site.

oh, and we didn't mount the bush grill as it was in pretty bad shape. Needs to be cleaned up quite a bit before I can make it work. It does however a nice addition..

Hopefully when I get my Tube bender, it'll be another option that can be welded or botled on.

• 4 weeks later...

now go get stuck!!!!!! Im in need of a winch, and tires. really want to hear how that winch works with the path half burried in mud. Costco by me has the 9500lbs ones in now too. for 450. wonder if it would be worth the extra???

those are 31" crawls, right?

Havent gotten the pathy stuck in deep mud yet.. i did try the winch out just to make sure it worked.. Hooked it up to a tree and it pulled the pathy right to it.

Those tires are actually remoulds that they make in Quebec.

They are pretty much a exact copy of the Yokohama Geolander tires they made a few years ago.

They work awesome in mud, and the best part is that they are only $115CND for 31's.

I'm not sure if you can get them out west.. The only places that sells them here is Coast Tire.

Here are a few more pics of the tires, and another pic of another tire they sell.

LT 31X10.50R15 C

LT 245/75R16 C

LT 245/75R16 D

LT 245/75R16 E

This tire is built for off-road driving. The Explorer MT has excellent mud traction because of its deep and self-cleaning studs.

tire1.jpg

tire2.jpg

tire3.jpg

32X10.50R16 E

The XCAVATOR tyre with sturdy independent blocks with two stage unidirectional lugs designed to provide maximum self cleaning and traction on soft ground.

Website http://www.technopneu.com

:bow:

Love the bumper! So, what would it cost for someone that is interested in getting one of those done? I do like that better than the ARB's. For the Tires, look on Tirerack.com. They have them there. Lots cheaper than at a tire shop.

They dont sell these tires on Tire Rack.. they are Remoulds made by a company in Quebec.

The tire brand is Techno Pneu. I dont think you'll find a tire this aggressive on Tire Rack in a 31" for under $100USD a piece.

For reg to build another bumper like that i think he told me that he would charge around $500-600 bucks CND.

Guest TMS

agreed that the gap is too big. I made the bumper visually more square, and after it was done(too late) thought I should of raised the top more to bring it more flush to the grill. if I was to make another, this is what I'd do.

Thanks for the compliments guys.. I'm up for any more input. all heads are better then one. hehe you guys are the pathy guys, I like hearing your input.

:shrug:

Sorry, I thought the tire was Yokohoma Geolander. TireRack does have those on there site for little over $100.00 a pop. I love my Kumho's, but not too sure if I want to go with them in 33's or try another tire. Looking for lower price range, but still keeping the quality of tire. I'm thinking that the BFG's are over rated. That's just me. If they were that good and everyone was getting them, the price shouldn't be soooo darn high. It's called "supply and demand". The more you build and sell, the cheaper they should be.....Right? :shrug:

I'm just a dumb white American boy, but what is the value of the American dollar to the Canadian? -alcohol-

Edited by 94 Pathy

Looks good! That's a fair price for a bumper if someone wanted another. Right about there with the price of some others I've looked at. What did you guys do for a finish? Paint? Powder coating and shipping would probably make it more expensive than if I had one made locally that I could pick up but if I lived nearer the North border I'd be interested.

Any pics from the side or 3/4 angle? Again really great design, one of my favorites.

Edited by Earth1

Thanks for all the comments.. all the props should go to Reg (TMS) from Team Mod Squad,, he's the one that built it freestyle! Not bad at all i think, for his first pathfinder bumper.

i'm going to be taking more pics of the bumper this weekend hopefully.

Currency right now is 1USD = 1.10CND

It was painted for the finish, at some point i want to get it powder coated, but there's more important things to get done to the truck, i gotta get that front end lifted to match the rear! Today i'm getting the front and rear sway bars removed.

Edited by delavoie

Guest TMS

I have some 33x13.5x15 Pitbull Rockers in stock 210$ a tire CAD.. They are NICE.. I'm going to be running 37's of this style as soon as I'm done the build. 1Tons, lots of cutting geared and locked. you know. hehe

The finish is paint as Denis said, I'm looking at working with another company on powdercoating.. here's one I did for a Jeep.

044_44.jpg

035_35.jpg

This was also a custom build that we did. still not done.. at least he's driving it now.

I got some IDeas for rears too..

Shipping definatly wouldn't be that great due to the shear size of the bumper, but it does bolt on in 3 pcs to ease installation.. 4 actually. the skid brace, the skid plate, the winch mount then the bumper cover. Installation was one of the main problems I saw with this style of bumper and Pathys, so I figured, peicing it together should help.

Edited by TMS

:clap:

Beautiful TMS!

Where are you located at? If not too far, I'd be willing to travel for the pick up or maybe we could work somethign out on meeting half way. Could I get your email so we could talk figures?

Thanks! :beer:

Travis

94 Pathy

94 Pathy..i dont think he checks the board daily... but we are located in New-Brunswick, Canada.

I got around to taking a few more pics of the bumper, i ended up breaking my winch (clutch broke) over the weekend trying to pull out a 1 ton diesel.

I pulled him out 3 times before it broke on the 4th. It didn't help that the idiot wasn't in gear and i was basically pulling 10,000lbs of dead weight.

And he was telling me earlier that he would have to tie a tow line to the pathfinder so he could pull me trough the trail. :lol:

Anyways, i removed and returned the winch to Costco the next day and got the new 9500lbs winch!

But it sure did test out the bumper pulling all that weight. Now i know it's solid as can be.

IMG_1682.jpg

Edited by delavoie