Guess my weekend plans

Spolar93

IMG_4174.jpg

i'm pretty sure i'm the first person ever to break the nissan transfer case. this unit has 120,xxx and was used by an old grandma. went in 4wd twice in its career, until a friend buoght it after it was totaled for parts. hopefully this one wont break on a logging road like my last one. hell, i didnt even do anything coll to make the last one break.... :cry:

:o i think you are the first pathy owner to break a t-case.... i applaud you, but am sorry for your troubles -study- n some -alcohol- it'll be all good ;)

yeah man, youre welcome to it. i was gonna take the stick out and modify it for a bodylift and sell it, butlet me know if you want it, i'll letit go for cheap. hell, throw in a few bucks with those trailing arms and its yours.

yeah man, youre welcome to it. i was gonna take the stick out and modify it for a bodylift and sell it, butlet me know if you want it, i'll letit go for cheap. hell, throw in a few bucks with those trailing arms and its yours.

Well, I'm in ohio again so i can't get those trailing arms to you until late april.

I do want that T-case though.. thinking doubler.

PM me with a price.

yeah, my pathy, named cathy, hates me. shes a cold hard bitch sometimes.

pickles, you planning on pulling those trailing arms from 87's old axle still?

Sorry man, I was waiting for you to PM me with some specifics or something, not to post a follow-up in a different thread after 10pm the night before I left town. :rolleyes: We just got back tonight. Maybe next time around, I believe we're heading back down in a month or 2.

I don't think the TX10 is clockable, man. If you put two together, it'd put the driveshaft in the passenger's side too, wouldn't it? I could be wrong...

under normal circumstances its not clockable. and i'm not going to clock it either.

I'm talking about making a custom adaptor to bolt the two together. The one in front, i'll cut off the front output section and insert new aluminium. And weld her up.

Its good to have access to engineering and a machine shop.

it has been done

well update on the project:

so after 5 busted knuckles the tcase is still in there by the 3 top studs. anyone know how to get those out easily? tbars out, driveshafts out. 9 hours of work. now i see why the mechanic wanted 1400 to do it.

also, the horrific fact emerged yesterday that the manual and auto tcases are different. were were just gonna swap from case covers, but to do that, you have to dissasemble the whole thing it looks like. so it looks like monday i'll be calling around to drivetrain shops and asking them to rebuild the case i have in there now with all the parts he needs out of the manual tcase. so far this is costing me $150+whatever the rebuild will be. hopefully in the end it will be less than the 1400 though, and that was the goal....

Pickles: no worries, i wasnt in the position to drive up there anyways, and didnt have anytransportation. i was kinda busy the bpast few days with the whole tcase thing.

87: the tcase that i will have, will be in pieces and have broken parts, as my description above most likely. your welcome to it, i'll get back to you once this is all done and over with.