headlight question.

lovebunny

ok my headlights on my ranger are not the brightest. so i figured id use that as an excuse to buy some new stuff. now there are so many different types of headlights out there. my question is whats the difference between normal headlights and euros and projector lights and halos etc

Edited by lovebunny

Nor do I...I have always replaced my headlights w/ Sylvania Silverstar's...I have them in my Pathy and the wife's Hyundai and have always used them. They're crisp and bright, NOT that tacky blue color and won't break the bank either (usuall $40.00 for the pair) Check them out, they are always available at Advance Auto Parts, etc. :D

Edited by navygz19

Nor do I...I have always replaced my headlights w/ Sylvania Silverstar's...I have them in my Pathy and the wife's Hyundai and have always used them. They're crisp and bright, NOT that tacky blue color and won't break the bank either (usuall $40.00 for the pair) Check them out, they are always available at Advance Auto Parts, etc. :D

yeah but you know i wanna get something fancyt shmancy cause im cool like that. not to mention one of my friends has my EXACT truck so i need something to set us apart

yeah but you know i wanna get something fancyt shmancy cause im cool like that. not to mention one of my friends has my EXACT truck so i need something to set us apart

:P Why not get a police-speck light bar, complete with a full set of LED's visible for 1.5 miles. THAT'LL set you apart :lol:

Oh yeah, don't forget a Dixie horn too

:P Why not get a police-speck light bar, complete with a full set of LED's visible for 1.5 miles. THAT'LL set you apart :lol:

Oh yeah, don't forget a Dixie horn too

it wouldnt be the dumbest thing ever put on a ranger thats for sure :P

ok my headlights on my ranger are not the brightest. so i figured id use that as an excuse to buy some new stuff. now there are so many different types of headlights out there. my question is whats the difference between normal headlights and euros and projector lights and halos etc

if you look closely at the design of each type of lense you'll notice the differences.

AFAIK, Euro spec light housings are not legal to use in the US. Not that anyone checks...

The light pattern is simply different. US-spec lights cut off above a certain point to reduce glare for oncoming drivers. Euro-spec lights cut the light off at an angle and don't reduce glare as much, that's all. There is a possibility that you could be pulled over for having too-bright lights that way, I would think.

HID's are expensive and nice, but they're only low beams, you can't switch from low to high with a single HID bulb. No idea on halo lights, are those the ones with a illuminated ring inside like on BMW's? They call those "angel eyes" I do believe.

That all said, the coated bulbs "55W=110W" in "Plasma Purple" or whatever color you pick are NOT brighter than regular halogens, they are simply a different color. Same with Silverstars, they just cut out the yellows and reds and only allow the white and bluish-white light colors to shine through the bulb's coating. Therefore, they are DIMMER than regular bulbs because they eliminate certain wavelengths of light.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bu...superwhite.html