Decisions decisions decisions

lgranch

I have not posted in awhile. health wise it has been a bad winter for me and I now have come to the conclusion that I really can not do the projects I use to do when I was 40. (OK I'm one of the old ones out here) We all know that pathfinders are a great vehicle, but way too soon they will be a listing in Hemmings as collector vehicles. I have too many projects to complete before I die so what do I keep and what do I get rid of. I have a 55 chevy 2 door hardtop that needs completing. I think I'll keep that. I also have a 95 5 speed pathy and a 91 auto pathy. The 91 has a built motor (overbored everthing new, I mean everything) with no mileage on it. The 91's problem is body rust, not much but some and all repairable, the frame is perfect. The 95 has blown head gaskets, a perfect body and some frame rot. It is obvious what I was going to do but I know that I can not physically do the work any more.

The obvious would be to sell the pathys, but in the Cleveland area I could get as much from a wrecking yard as I could trying to sell them. My guess is about $300 for the pair. (Pathys around here are CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP). I could fix the 95 and get maybe $500 for it. The motor in the 91 has over $700 in new pistons rings rods etc alone.

I am looking for ideas people. You west coast people may want parts, but it is a LONG way to CA or WA.

I hope you are on the road of a better spring/summer than your winter was.

I think you should keep the Chevy...sounds like that's the project that will bring the most enjoyment. As far as the Pathys, is it possible to part out the '91's motor? Perhaps get a little more coin parting out both Pathys? Then again, it's the issue of dealing with parting them out as opposed to just getting rid of them in one clean sweep.

Best of luck with everything. :)

I'd keep the 55 chev.. no question there.

I'd swapt the pathfinder motors, to give you teh grunt in the 95. then junk the 91, and sell the 95 for a few extra bucks.

Clevland winters suck. all the salt on the roads.. a 10 year old car out there is half rusted through.

I can relate. So many projects...

Something I am finding myself do more often: Hand over the projects to younger folks I respect and help them learn what I have learned. Call me a sponsor or a mentor, or whatever. My nephew's youngest is a common recipient.

No financial reward, but good feelings galore.

keep the '91 pathy..... until you swap that motor into teh '95..... THEN sell the '91 and keep the 95..... the 55 cehvy.. you can just send that baby out to me here in sunny CA and i will take goooooood care of her for you sly (you do know besides a chevelle.. a 55 is my dream car?)

For the record Slick the 55 chevy has been sitting in a garage for the past 34 years. All the stainless is there and rust is only surface. I do not think it will be making the trip to CA very soon.

Fordsho90 - I'll keep you in mind. I am still thinking about how to do all this.