Changing parts...

Pathfinder-jay

Well today I went to fix my speed-o-meter... since I got my truck it never worked cause the needle got warped somehow. The second I touched the needle it snapped. I called nissan to see if they sell the needle but ofcourse its never that easy. They wanted to charge me for the whole display. So I went ahead and bought that 92 pathy I was talking about in my earlier posts. I paid 300$ cash for a 92 pathy that runs. I took out the speed-o-meter and replaced it...works amazing. Then I took the back windshield wipper...saved me couple $$. Took off the front logo on the front grill...Nissan one.

Now some questions

1)I want to remove the seats and replace them.. Whats the easiest or best way of doing this... Back seats aswell.

2) I would also like to remove the clutch...how would I go about doing that?

3) I would also like to remove the stock roof rack since mine doesnt have one...

Future use of Truck:

-Im taking off the top scoop... not sure if thats what its called but the peice that goes over your front windshield and has 4 orange lights on it...

-Taking off step bars

-Taking off bushawacking flares

-Bumper Peices

-Door Panel

-Door Handels

-Winswhield wipper motors

-Altenator

-Front lamps

-Back lamps

-Front grill

-Engine

-Doors

-Windows

-Trimming

-5 summer tires with rims

-5 winter tires with rims

-Back wheel latch

What else can be salvaged??

Anyway I hope it works out...

Let me know what you guys think

Glad to hear you got the other pathy!

1. Front seats are REAL easy. Four bolts attach them to the floor (rear bolts are covered by some plastic snap on/off covers), simply remove bolts and remove seat. Instalation is opposite of removal. Not so sure about rear I'v never removed mine.

2. I have no clue, I'v never worked on a manual trans.

3. I think you might have to drill holes in the roof to install it.

Wish I had a second pathy for parts... :sniff:

Edited by SC88Pathy

The stock rack is pretty easy to insall. I went to a yard and stripped one of an old pathy and put it on mine. Then I carefully drilled into the roof. Dropped some well nuts in there and screwed the rack down with some heavy duty screws. The rack works great is super cheap, especially if you already have the rack.

post-9-1141913762.jpg

Well today I went to fix my speed-o-meter... since I got my truck it never worked cause the needle got warped somehow. The second I touched the needle it snapped. I called nissan to see if they sell the needle but ofcourse its never that easy. They wanted to charge me for the whole display. So I went ahead and bought that 92 pathy I was talking about in my earlier posts. I paid 300$ cash for a 92 pathy that runs. I took out the speed-o-meter and replaced it...works amazing. Then I took the back windshield wipper...saved me couple $$. Took off the front logo on the front grill...Nissan one.

Now some questions

1)I want to remove the seats and replace them.. Whats the easiest or best way of doing this... Back seats aswell.

2) I would also like to remove the clutch...how would I go about doing that?

3) I would also like to remove the stock roof rack since mine doesnt have one...

Future use of Truck:

-Im taking off the top scoop... not sure if thats what its called but the peice that goes over your front windshield and has 4 orange lights on it...

-Taking off step bars

-Taking off bushawacking flares

-Bumper Peices

-Door Panel

-Door Handels

-Winswhield wipper motors

-Altenator

-Front lamps

-Back lamps

-Front grill

-Engine

-Doors

-Windows

-Trimming

-5 summer tires with rims

-5 winter tires with rims

-Back wheel latch

What else can be salvaged??

Anyway I hope it works out...

Let me know what you guys think

Doesn't ask much, does he?

Um, if you want to remove the roof rack, I suggest you get up there and LOOK AT IT. Jeez. If I had a nickel...........

Well bud im sorry if I ask stupid questions but some people where telling me stock roof racks are ment to be permenent so I wasnt sure how hard/easy it is to take off. I could see the bolts but wasnt sure if it was safe to rip it off.

Anyone got any ideas on how to remove the clutch?

I respect your interest and ambition, but you might be biting off a bit more than you can chew regarding the clutch. It involves a great deal more than could be explained to you here.

Seats, easy. Get under them and unbolt whatever's holding them in (12mm bolts all around I do believe).

Roof rack, medium. Looks like you may have that one figured out for the most part already.

Clutch, hard. You'll have to drop the transmission out of the truck, which involves tools and techniques that are beyond your skill level at the moment.

Your best investment right now would be a repair manual for your specific year truck. Haynes manuals are ok, but the best would be a factory Nissan one.

I don't mean to discourage you at all, just trying to point you in the right direction.

WARNING PB Blast the hell outa those seat bolts on the rear seats and the back rails of the front seats, the will snap VERY easily. All of these bolts go through the floor and are exposed underneath the truck so they get all rusty and frozen and weakened. :contract: