Wheel spacers

02silverpathy

SO OK,

My new tires rub (R50 w 265/75/16 Revos...OME lift with front spacers). They rub all the time! Lol, will I give up? Hell no! P...

I am ordering .25" wheels spacers tomorrow and spline drive lugs...my question is has anyone else done this and/or has anyone bought the ARP extended wheel studs???

The tires rub against the strut/coil tower. Grinding is not an option due to the fact that the current surface is rubbing but smooth and I think if I grind it it may not be as smooth...plus that cures a sympton not a cause.

I will post pics before I get vandalized with that cute "this post is worthless without pics" banner!!! I am going to take clean pics and upload tomorrow!!

edit: only the front rubs...and I know---->if I had T-bars that wouldn't happen :lol:

Edited by 98silverpathy

Pezzy had the same issue, and had to go with aftermarket wheels with less backspacing to cure her issues. I'd say wheel spacers are a bad idea, especially if you're only going to use them in the front........as it will throw off your steering geometry and cause some oversteer.

Vsicks. Why not stop being so vague, and post what you believe his issues will be. Your post is useless as it sits. :angry:

Yes, I've heard a lot of negative feedback about wheel spacers (even here -- try a search)... my Revos are 275/70/R16's, and I fitted them on the offset AR 767's right away, as the space between the tire & strut mount was pretty slim with the stock tire.

Vsicks, I have to agree, if you can share info that will help, I am sure there are some of us willing to learn.

Check the tolerance...whew that's close...can you tell where it rubbed??? :P

I am thinking that I will order another set of spacers and get the extended arp wheel studs...what so you think??? :shrug:

I ask because the way that the R50 suspension works, the strut is at an angle so it will compress up into the frame work, away from the tire but anyhow all ideas are appreciated!!!

ps........I love these tires!!!

post-9-1140934232.jpg

Edited by 98silverpathy

Guest 05thumpinpathy

my pathy came stock with P265/70R16 tires...im upgrading soon to 305/40/r22...ya sorry im goin the other way with this one...but dont worry once i get some bills payed up im getting another pathy...def an r50 so i'll be taken it wheelin...i miss doin it...

• 4 weeks later...

Alright back from near death...posted pics if the wheel adapters (since the silly spacers just weren't far enough away!). These are more billet aluminum with their own studs...so they bolt up like wheels and then bolt your wheels to them!

post-9-1143173525.jpg

So these are 1.25" spacer adapters and they did change the way the truck handles...the more I toy with this the better I dig off/on ramps!!! Can you see my little Honda in the reflection...these two are good friends, but it seems the Honda is moving to California! Maybe I can have another friendly animal in the stable this fall, huh?

post-9-1143174073.jpg

I can tell you what is going to happen next but that would be pointless.

so you are saying that we are all too stupid to understand?

or just trying to make people think you are smarter than you really are?