Reporting back on my CV axle issues

Harbinger

A lot of you probably saw the disaster that was my CV axle thread in the garage. (Found here)

I said I'd report back so here I am :) I took the pathy & the g/f up the mountain yesterday, and am proud to say theres no more insane steering wobble in 4HI with the new axle.

Granted my steering is still sloppy, due to my worn steering components, but its not uncontrollably out of whack like it was. :aok:

I can totally understand why that thread was locked. Harb asked a simple question and the thread turned into a complete flame war.

So it wasn't transworldmoto that got it locked after all? I thought he got it locked with his (to be expected expected of him) special comments. :unsure: Yes, come to think of it, it was him that got it locked!

Back on topic then.....

So when are you going to finally fix your steering? I would not be using 4wd untill you have fixed it. Your car will continue to wander and being in 4wd will exagerate that, not to mention wear the components even faster.

So when are you going to finally fix your steering? I would not be using 4wd untill you have fixed it. Your car will continue to wander and being in 4wd will exagerate that, not to mention wear the components even faster.

All the steering components are going to be swapped out as soon as I can come up with the $$ for a complete L&P setup.

I'm not to worried just yet though, the trucks not a daily driver, so it doesn't see much use, even less in 4WD.

Edited by Harbinger