SAS Pathy in Colorado...

Earth1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3/16" box and plate? Scribbles on note pad.... Thanks!

Anybody else in the NoCal area want to get together this spring/summer and fab up some bumpers? I've got the tools (and the engineering experience) if you've got the time...

Anybody else in the NoCal area want to get together this spring/summer and fab up some bumpers? I've got the tools (and the engineering experience) if you've got the time...

:o i'm in!! -bounce-

I found a HP D44 in a '85 Bronco at the junkyard with hubs and all, but it needs different knuckles, etc.  Wonder how much they want...they quoted me $150 for a Waggy axle.  ;)

I get waggies for around 70-100 complete at the pull your owns here in Denver, but 150 isn't a bad price if it comes with everything. Waggie axles would work fine for a SAS like mine. You would have to buy the C-wedges from jamesduff.com in order to use the radius arms from a bronco with the waggie axle. The only thing I can think that could be different is the pinion angle, I think the 73-77 Bronco pinions are pointed up a little more. So you may run into some difficulty there..

85 Bronco will not work unless the axle is not original. Now a solid hp full width Ford Dana 44 can be narrowed by using one of these. With this you wouldn't have to wrist an arm in order to get good articulation. When you cut the axle just cut out an extra chunk of tube in order to make it the width you would want. You may have to get a custom shaft made for that side, however it would work.

There is a EB housing and gears at Klamath Falls...Klamath Auto Wreckers 1-800-452-3301. I don't know what they want for it, but it may be worth a call....

A person just uses the housing anyway....

Edited by AK9849cy

who cares about the rear stuffing, look at that front!!!

I care about both ends... Most of the battle when setting this stuff up is making the front and rear play together or share the load. Now when the truck is on level ground flexing, the body sets level thus sharing the load.

Here are three sets of pics: Truck level, Front up, Rear up...... its all about where the weight is at...

Level: The front and rear are sharing the load, truck setting level...

fun1.jpg

fun2.jpg

m3.jpg

Rear up: The front is handling most the weight of the truck so it takes the hit

flexy.JPG

flexy2.JPG

flexy3.JPG

Front Up: Rear taking hit...

19feb06-2.jpg

19feb06-1.jpg

Your right... who cares... Me!! :beer:

Edited by AK9849cy

hahah well what i meant was that everyone's rear can flex, its just getting the front nice and tucked is most of the battle.

btw, the third pic down has been my background for the past few weeks ever since i saw it over on nissan4wheelers. great rig man, way clean.