Weapon R

02silverpathy

Does anyone here have any experience with the Weapon R secret intakes??

I was looking at one for my 98 Path...I have listend over and over to xplorx4's path on his website and ove the sound of it so i started researching intakes...I am liking the weapn r secret bla bla bla because it gives you all new piping and stands to reason that it might actually work.

I am doing all this now in preparation for the timing belt/cam change/upgrade I am planning on doin in the spring time.

any feed back for any of the style intake would be well accepted!!! ;)

ps here is the web site with the cheapest weapon R bla bla bla

Edited by 98silverpathy

XPLORx4

Ta-Da

now go on here and listen to his engine roar through mud and uphill etc

these clips are in the media gallery

DSM_GUY...piping piping piping, the smoother the better

XPLORx4 what exactly does your set up look like??

Edited by 98silverpathy

I've got one that I've had for a few months and has worked pretty well aside from a few defects. First off, Weapon-R has a few of the hose connectors on the wrong side and forced the tubes to get pinched shut when the hood was closed, and wouldn't let the engine start. I just got some longer tubing, and then accidently broke the small, extremely brittle connector off on accident. Fixed it with some stuff I had around here and has worked well ever since. Sounds pretty good too. I'll get some pictures if you'd like, it looks quite a bit different than the ones on their site. Also, I got mine on ebay for a few $$$ less than the website your looking at.

I bought mine off 4x4 parts and the adapter plate was wrong. After making my own It works fine...Awsome power, no. The sound and mabey a small gain in high end was all I could tell.

IMO headers are the only thing to milk a few HP from the little pig of an engine.

Not sure what happened with the intake plate being "wrong" when it arrived...they just sent me an "adapter" that you can buy at autozone or places that is blank and you drill your own holes. I have pictures on the camera that I'll upload tonight.

I gave in to concensus and just went to autozone and bought a MAF adapter plate and a cone filter..........but I also cut off that plastic boat/butter dish silencer thing and wrapped my intake with heat tape and sprayed it black. The A-zone pop charger that I made roars like it wants to eat a Vette!!! ($38 after tax)

I had a friend drive the truck and he is convinced that the truck flows through gears easier...but the little b**** tires will be off soon and I will have to get used to driving slow again!!!

When I was shopping for mine the beginning of last summer K&N hadn't come out with one yet, but may have one out now. The only true CAI I've seen is the Stillen which mounts in the wheel well, but would easily get soaked in the conditions I drive.

Hmmm no one's mention the JWT Popcharger...I know of more than a few pathy owners including myself who have gone that route.

I agree with you about piping Kris. Been wanting to get rid of that plastic restrictive stock intake pipe with the S bend. Here's a link of a guy who did that to his fronty. If you scroll down you'll see what he did to replace his intake pipe.

Fronty

Here's a page I've had bookmarked forever...Weapon R intake install on a 97 Pathy.

I read both sites...totally agree! It sounds like such a beast now, and it really dod make a difference in the trucks power. I have installed 265/75/16's now (REVO"S) and she is slow all over again....damn they were heavy!!

I will trim my maf adapter up to look like those and I must try to find this aluminum piping...I dig that! Throttle response is indeed way up over the stock box, only drawback is that my intake has a low pitch hum to it when at idle, blip the pedal and it is gone, sounds like perhaps the bent plastic "S" without that little butter dish resonator box makes a "blown over a jug" sound!!

• 1 year later...
Just saw on this site that someone else posted CLICK ME an AEM intake added 14 HP and 4 pounds of torque on a new Frontier. I didn't realize an intake added that much on a Nissan. :D

haha, these kinds of claims are what makes me want to get an intake. Not because I actually believe that it will give you an extra 14 hp, but rather I wanna see how much these guys are BS'ing

FYI - Foam filter elements are the absolute worst out there. They do not filter well comparatively.

Compared to what? All the info I've seen shows they filter as well or better than stock or K&N. They also have better flow rates.