just did a transmission swap

nissandoms47

I just did my transmission swap. now the engine wont fire up. i just wanted to make sure that it ran when i put the new trans in. its still on jack stands and eveyrthing but now it wont start. could a bad crankshaft position sensor be the cause of this? also when i started it before i still had a socket on the crankshaft bolt and it spun and loosened it. i tried as hard as i could to tighten the crank bolt. could me not torqueing it to specs screw up the timing sproket? or what?

SOME ONE PLEASE HELP

-Alex

I just did my transmission swap. now the engine wont fire up. i just wanted to make sure that it ran when i put the new trans in. its still on jack stands and eveyrthing but now it wont start. could a bad crankshaft position sensor be the cause of this? also when i started it before i still had a socket on the crankshaft bolt and it spun and loosened it. i tried as hard as i could to tighten the crank bolt. could me not torqueing it to specs screw up the timing sproket? or what?

SOME ONE PLEASE HELP

-Alex

What do you mean by "it spun and loosened it"? Did you have the rachet on there too?

As for the donk not starting? Does it turn over at least? Did you touch anything up there? I assume you didn't because you were doing the tranny. Having said that then, there is no reason for the donk to run one minute and not the next.

More info please.

I can't see the crank angle sensor being damaged.. is it not in the distributor?

I know you have probably already done this, but I would go back through everything and make sure that all wiring connectors and exactly that, connected... and fully connected. Sometimes they "appear" to be together all the way, but may not be clipped in completely. :shrug:

well when i was taking the transmission it ripped out the wires connecting to the plug on the crankshaft positin sensor i think i connected it back up good enough but probably not. but would this still cause it not to fire up. it cranks but no go