MOD: lighter socket flashlight

Pezzy

I mentioned in the 'what did your pathy get for christmas thread' that I got a "cool lighter socket flashlight" made for the VW Toureg.

So tonight I took a couple pics so share.

All tucked away in it's place:

light.jpg

Close up:

light2.jpg

Better view of the light it puts off

(sorry for the blur, was fighting the camera flash and my chronic shaking!)

light3.jpg

>>>clicky here for more info

nice. what kind of duration does it get off a full charge? I'm guessing that it's not something needed for reading maps and such cause if you have power to your cig lighter, you probably have dome lights. Perhaps a look-see under the hood if there is something wrong and we all know that it's never something quick and easy. I picked up a hand-crank'd led flashlight that works well. No batteries... no shaking back and forth... fits well int he glove box or tool kit.

No idea how long the charge will last... but I have a couple maglights in the back too, (and an 'enclosed' emerg candle) so I'm not too worried.

Vroom VRRROOOOOoooooom.... VRRROOOOOO Sputter, Sputter, Bleh.

Pezzy: Damn it. I wonder why it stalled. I'll pop the hood, Rob, You get the Emergency Candle I have stuffed in the back.

5 minutes later.

Rob: Well it doesn't look *drip* like its the belts. *drip* Seems like your getting *drip* Fuel. Well, According to the *drip* Farmers Almanac and the Calculations from my Trusty Abacus, *drip* The only thing left to check is your spark. *drip* Ahhhhh heres the Problem. I left a little bit *drip* of Candle Wax on the Spark plugs when we fixed your Pig the last time. *drip* :P

Dowser

lol... nice to have your colourful self back Dowser. But didnt you know, R-50s dont break down... (jk, I dont dare say that & mean it - it'll come back to haunt me!!)

Vroom VRRROOOOOoooooom.... VRRROOOOOO Sputter, Sputter, Bleh.

Pezzy: Damn it. I wonder why it stalled. I'll pop the hood, Rob, You get the Emergency Candle I have stuffed in the back.

5 minutes later.

Rob: Well it doesn't look *drip* like its the belts. *drip* Seems like your getting *drip* Fuel. Well, According to the *drip* Farmers Almanac and the Calculations from my Trusty Abacus, *drip* The only thing left to check is your spark. *drip* Ahhhhh heres the Problem. I left a little bit *drip* of Candle Wax on the Spark plugs when we fixed your Pig the last time. *drip* :P

Dowser

oh great... I almost shot Mt Dew out my nose reading that.

:clap::clap:

gimme a candle, I think I have a fuel leak blowup-vi.gif