Cold/ram air intake mod

merlinx

Hi, Those of you who have done the cold air mod in the front bumper leading to the air box. Have you guys experienced a horse power gain? better fuel efficiency?, Problems? I did the mod a few months ago and I'm not sure if its made a difference. Also for those of you who live where it snows, are there any problems with this mod? I live in Southern Cali but might be moving to Denver next year and I'm wondering if I should go back to the stock set up. Any advise would be appreciated

Well I went from a stock airbox to a JWT Popcharger and this.

So yes I did feel a little difference but not totally from cutting the bumper. I live where it snows a ton and I've had no issues. Not too smart to do something like

this or this with an open intake like that. B)

Just stay out of deep water and you'll be fine. ;)

I also added the JWT on my 95 and now.... She pulls several of the daily driver hills without down shifting as much... Milage I do not see any differance just the little extra Air she needed.... I also noted before we got all the snow and ice that passing from 65 to 85 is a breeze... Again the extra Air she needed....

There is a picture of me going through that same puddle as DJ around here some where.... My first comment when we pulled up to it was.... I have a OPEN Intake...

*Sneaks over to Filthy's place and puts an apple in his Snorkel....