can I fit 6.5" speakers in the doors?

Guest jkimes

Has anyone tried to fit 6.5" speakers in the front doors of their pathy? My stock speakers in my 91 pathy sound HORRIBLE and I found some 6.5" and 6x9"pioneers speakers for a very good price, can I make them fit, or should I just settle for the 4x6's in front and 5x7" in the rear?

88pathoffroad has fit 6.5's in his 88 two door, but I think the speaker set up is different between the two doors and the four doors. People have also fit 6x9's in the back of their 4 door pathys. I guess my answer is sell your 92 and get an 87-89, and then you can easily fit both! :D

Here's a post with A LOT of info about this: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=175&st=0

you should be able to, i have 6.5's in my two door. however.. if you want to get some that are good, you will have to get some with Neo Dimium magnets. They are half the size and 2x the power. normal magnets will cause interferance problems.

I also have 6x9's in the back

You're driving a 91 four door, right? The crappy ass stock 4" in the 6.5 mounting plates do suck, you're absolutely right. You can fit just about any 6" or 6.5" speaker, when i did mine, i simply took out the speaker, the pod that it's in in the door, and it interfered with the power window operation. No big deal. Took the trim rings that came with the speakers, flipped them around and voila! they're spaced out properly, fit fine, don't interfere with the window operation or door panel fitment. Also, take that crappy felt out of the door panels thats stuck behind the factory grilles. You'll get alot more response out of them that way.

Good luck.