Couple of Gremlins with my 93 SE

El Pathfindero

Okay its the middle of winter in SD and my ABS and brak light keep coming on mid-drive, is that because of the cold or is it somethin serious

another thing how hard is it to rewire faulty power locks?

And what does the switch with the picture of a hatch opening on it do, im assuming opens the hatch :huh: but i dunno and it doesnt work

also, why doesnt my heater work on setting 3? it works on Auto, 1, and 2 but no 3

Any help would be great so i dont have to dish out assloads of cash that i dont have...

So, El P, what year, model and trim is this vehicle ??

I'm guessing you are low on brake fluid and maybe need pads and shoes soon ?

Faulty power locks as in what? What is faulty, how do they not opperate properly ?

The switch on the center console ? Yes, that should release the GLASS of the rear hatch...

I have NO idea about the heater, leave it on auto... ;)

B

Ditto Precise on checking your brake fluid. Also do a visual on your pads or have them checked out for excessive wear, as most big shops will do so for free.

How are the power locks being faulty? Not working at all, locking then unlocking immediately, or something else? It would probably be better to solve the problem than bypass it then end up risking a new problem.

Ditto again on the rear glass switch. Check all your fuses, just in case. Do you have a repair manual (Chilton, etc.)? They're not perfect by far, but can help track down this stuff.

Heater- sorry, mine is manual. But I'll ditto the Auto suggestion.

By the way, El P's profile says 93 SE.

Edited by Mr. Pickles

All right the hatch switch is on my dash on the left of my steering wheel.

the power locks didn't work at all until today, i dunno if i bumped something or what. but before the switch did nothing neither did pressing down one lock, trying to make the rest go down, i can try checking my fluid tomorrow

and Yes I own a '93 SE 4-door

All right the hatch switch is on my dash on the left of my steering wheel.

That switch opens the back hatch window. It won't operate unless the rear wiper switch is turned off.

Brian