PROB STARTING

02PATHFINDER

my pathfinder wen i start it sometimes hesitates for 2-3 seconds before it finally kicks in and starts up, it sounds like its trying to crank during those 2-3 seconds

but this only happens 4 out of 10 times , my warranty is going to expire in 15 days and the stupid nissan service guys said they cant find nothing wrong with car, i think they just saying that to make me wait till it gets worse n loose out on my warranty , i just bought the truck n dont know bout its past history, bought it from a nissan dealer , now it has 40k

please if anyone could help me out i would appreciate it , thanks

sal

two thoughts: ask the dealership you got it from if they have any repair history on it... I bought my Pathy from the dealer, and as it was also serviced at that dealer by it's previous owner, I was able to get a list of recent repairs...

try taking it to another dealership to diagnose... sometimes a second opinion helps.

Of course you say it only happens 4/10 times, so I can only guess it wont do it at the dealership will it? :laugh:

Yes, it could be a poor power or ground connection. How long has it been doing this ? Has it done it more frequently lately ?

I'd definitely push the dealership to figure it out under warranty, regardless of only 2 weeks left on the warranty. The problem started before the warranty expired, and you have tried to get it fixed. Let them know if they try to pull BS, you'll never go there for service/work.

B

thanks for the reply guys , i have the key turned over and cranking for 2-3 seconds b4 it starts when the problem occurs, the problem still occurs every so often , it is very weird , most of time it starts up witho no problems at all , and sumtimes it just hesitates for no reason but finally kicks over and starts, i argued many times with the dealership and of course when they are checking out the car the problem doesnt occur and they say they cant do nothing to it unless the problem gets really bad n i have to tow the car there for them to diagnose it, they said they cant do nothing bc they connected it to the computer and no problems came up with the system

i will try and get the vehicle service report from the dealer, would they give it to me without any problems? do i have to pay for it ?

thanks for your input guys , i will try to look for loose connections or a bad ground on the battery

i luv this website , within one day i got a few replies all the other pathfinder websites i tried no1 really visits and i would be lucky to get a response , thanks once again