brakes

Maz

Hey

I had my wheels off and checked out the brakes the rotors are all very grooved and the DS rear caliper is seized so I went a price out new brake parts WOW!! is all I have to say....I used to work @ a parts store and still get a good price but these are pricey. I thought to myself "I guess that's why the brakes are in the shape they are in". Anyways is there any upgrades for these pathfinders mine is a 91 with 4 wheel discs.

THanks

Jamie

I don't know how inclined you are, but the stats for the front disk is .945" minimum thickness and .630" for the rear (if they are different and I'm reading this crappy chart right). You'll need blade or pin micrometers to get a good reading. If they can be turned, do it. Here is onfo on possible caliper trouble...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2076

That may save you some $ right now (and future) and with proper servicing, you should have no problems. Off hand, I don't know of aftermarket rotors for the WD21 as most people don't seem to need to upgrade. Probably because they cant go fast enough... :D

B

I wouldn't waste the time, money and trouble on having the rotors turned. OEM rotors are fairly cheap - check prices at Rock Auto. The calipers, on the other hand, may be worth rebuilding, depending on the problem.

If you are planning to keep your Pathy and do any towing or hauling, I'd upgrade all four to slotted/cross drilled and ceramic pads. You'll be amazed at the difference in stopping, especially if you have 31" or larger tires.

• 5 weeks later...
I wouldn't waste the time, money and trouble on having the rotors turned. OEM rotors are fairly cheap - check prices at Rock Auto. The calipers, on the other hand, may be worth rebuilding, depending on the problem.

If you are planning to keep your Pathy and do any towing or hauling, I'd upgrade all four to slotted/cross drilled and ceramic pads. You'll be amazed at the difference in stopping, especially if you have 31" or larger tires.

No. In fact brake companies don't recommend crossdrilled brakes for severe use.

Good pads are the key.

No. In fact brake companies don't recommend crossdrilled brakes for severe use.

Good pads are the key.

I've read an article or two about the evils of cross drilled, but have yet to find anyone outside of the racing circuit who has cracked a rotor. In either case, slotted is supposed to be the way to go, though they are harder to fined without also cross drilled.