Rear Seat Belts

merlinx

I have a 97 Pathy. I was looking at the rear seatbelts as I was installing my infant seat and Im wondering if they are backwards. I noticed when I lift up the rear pass side seat the buckle marched (center) is towards the outside of the vehicvke and the one for the pass side is towards the center. Should they not be the other way around? Same with the other side. Also seems that the center seatbelt seems to twist unaturally when it buckes. It comes out of the attached bolt and has to turn on itself so that the clasp fits into the bucke with the belt strait over the infant seat or a person. Any input on this? Thanks in advance

Jason

Here are mine for a 02. Yes, the far buckle is marked "center" and its companion lap belt is on the outside of the righthand passenger buckle. Why? :shrug:

If yours looks like this, you are good to go :aok:

If not........

116_1644.jpg

And here are my booster and car seats for my two (actually, I like putting them in the cage behind the seat :lol: ). I do not use the lap belt, so it is tucked under the seat cushion.

116_1648.jpg

I thought about it a bit more and I like it the way it came. Why, you ask? (you did ask, right?). The back seat is not very wide for a 3 seat’er and if you are installing car seats, then having the belts on the "wrong" side works well as you get more distance between the buckle and latch, making it easier to go around the car seats (or extra wide passengers :laugh: ).

So for us with kids, makes sense.

Just curious, where are your spare tire tools? Mine on my 98 are under the back middle seat, and I'm curious if Nissan moved them on your 02.

Same spot, under the rubber mat in the photo above. You can just see the jack handle/tire lowering rod on the right hand edge of the photo (the long, silver thing).

I thought about it a bit more and I like it the way it came. Why, you ask? (you did ask, right?). The back seat is not very wide for a 3 seat’er and if you are installing car seats, then having the belts on the "wrong" side works well as you get more distance between the buckle and latch, making it easier to go around the car seats (or extra wide passengers :laugh: ).

So for us with kids, makes sense.

yea i noticed this too as i was wiring my amp/subwoofer and lifted the rear seat. but i agree with trainman, thus i left it alone.