idler arm different?

hastifc

hmmm... you're absolutely right. Looks nothing like mine (though mine's a 95) My parts reference lists the same item (idler arm) interchangeable from 87 thru 95. Sorry.. can't help ya.

That's precisely what my original idler arm looked like, and no it's not an aftermarket piece.

I have since replaced it with the other style one from a junkyard, in order to install an idler arm brace. I carry this one with me as a trail spare now.

thx, luke. will keep the brace and hit a yard soon....

That's precisely what my original idler arm looked like, and no it's not an aftermarket piece.

I have since replaced it with the other style one from a junkyard, in order to install an idler arm brace. I carry this one with me as a trail spare now.

I stand corrected then. I guess I guessed wrong.

Yeah, mine looks like that. Kind of a ball style rather than the other mentioned in this thread. It's currently whacked from wheeling and needs to be replaced yet again. I can't remember what the original looked like, but the one on my truck now is an aftermarket one ( I think it's a Moog for some reason). I need to find the other style so I can attach a brace to it as well.