Cooper Discovery A/T's

my 2 cents ...

i have a set of cooper discovery a/t (31x10.5x15) on my f-150. absolutletly a different tire than trainmans link. my f-150 is my beater not a daily driver but it does see a fair amount of snow, dirt, gravel, and mud. have about 8k miles on the tires, hardly any wear yet. tires are quiet and smooth. i have friends who used the tires on heavier trucks and for more load hauling, and they wore very fast. i havent seen any evidence of fast wear on mine, but i tend to put lots of gear in my truck, not heavy loads. wouldn't expect wear to be an issue on a pathy. I think if you are concerned about price the coopers would work for ya. you'll save a bundle compared to the bridgestones or bfgs that most are fans of.

making it a nickel....

as for traction... i have a limited slip rear diff (first truck i have had with this)and that has impressed me from day one even on worn tires. i'm not rally racing or rock crawling this truck, but i do like to get out and explore, and these tires have served well especially considering i paid $85 per tire. sounds like your main traction concerns would be rain and snow, i would rate these tires at least 8 of 10 (consider your source.... different truck)

if you want a dime keep reading....

i put toyo open country a/t's on my tacoma last year ..... 8 ply (don't laugh) and have been really happy with them. its my work truck and gets a lot of miles and a lot of wet/dirt/gravel/muddy roads. at 20k miles no uneven treadwear, actually hardly any treadwear period. wont be surprised if i get the full 50k miles out of them or more, and that will be a first for my work truck. great in snow but lacking in mud traction as any a/t will. i do get a little rear tire spin from time to time from a stop if the bed is empty, the road is wet and i'm turning (i don't have limited slip in the tacoma). i am hard on tires at work and go through them quickly. the performance on these convinced me to put them on the pathy, but used the 6-ply for a little more comfort. i think these tires are a great deal if you have a little more budget. still cheaper than the bridgestones or bfgs

happy shopping