I see hitches!

Mr. Pickles

Just got back from South Hill Auto Wrecking on 128th above Puyallup. They have I think an 88 and a 91, both with receiver hitches. I didn't do any poking around, other than to say "yep, there's a hitch" since I already have one. But the gal at the counter said they start around $25 in general and go up depending on what it is. Might be worth a look to a couple somebody's out there.

I'm going to JY tomorrow (hopefully)(woo hoo 1/2 off sale!! :D ) Hopefully I will have as good of luck as you did. Personally I would have pulled both of them and then sold them here ;)

Good luck on good finds! I was tempted to pull one of them, but then I've spent over $1000 this week between tires, shocks, a welder, all the gear for it, other toys, etc. etc. I figure a shot out for somebody else to check it out fits my bank account just right. :D

i just need the receiver part to weld into my tube rear bumper. i guess it wouldn't hurt to weld one onto the front too.

Or grab them both, hack one to weld in, and mount the other up front. But please, somebody grab them. No sense letting it go or rust away. Oh, and I'd say the rest of the trucks are around about 80% there. Bumpers, lights and stuff missing on both, as well as some trim. But they looked to be good donors in general.

Just got back from Moss Landing Pick n Pull and I also found a pathy with a hitch! Unfortunatly me and my friend managed to get one bolt off and that was it! :angry::( The bolts are extremely awkward to get at, and on one side the rim that they were using to support the truck was blocking one of the bolts. I might go back tues with more tools (an extention for the ratchet would have made things a bit easier and a hi lift jack will be required to get at the one bolt). It was on an 87. It was very picked at just about everything was gone, including the front tow hook so I didn't get that either. And the air intake tubing attaches differently to the fender than it does on the 88 so I couldn't salvage that either! :angry:

On the plus side I did get a tire to put on my spare, a General Grabber AP. And it only cost me $10.10 since it was half off day! B) (well plus the $2 admission fee).